Friday, September 25, 2020

Up Early in the Rain

 I love waking up with no alarm and nowhere to be and just listening to the rain in my warm bed.  I had no plans to even get dressed until I got ready.

Once I got up, I decided I needed to use my last three aging bananas for oatmeal breakfast muffins and a waffle.

Feeling super productive, I opened the refrigerator door to get out three eggs and realized I had used the last one yesterday.  Oh no!  I couldn't just leave those bananas unwrapped in the bowls, and I certainly didn't want to go to the grocery store this early in the rain.

So I texted Noreen for help!

She had 3 eggs and greeted me with a smile.  I love neighbors!  


And in about 20 steps, I had my eggs - four of them.  She sent a surprise.

I chose a waffle for today and have two batches of muffins for the weekend.


Since I was already dressed (I did consider walking over in my pjs), I decided to take a walk in spite of the rain, and it was lovely.  

I decided to walk a block and see how it was and then ended up walking for at least 15 minutes.  Medium-hard rain and a little wind but not too cool.  I need to get hardened up for the winter anyway.  I listened to my audio book, Likeness by Tana French.  It's started out okay, and I hope I like it, because it's a long one, around 22 hours.

I saw an article in my news feed listing 20 of the longest audio books, and I made a list of the ones I will check out - 17 of them.  Some I have already read but a long time ago, so I know I'll like them:  Anna Karenina, East of Eden, Middlemarch, and Lonesome Dove.  I need the security of knowing I have all these books out there waiting for me.  It's really hard to read an e-book or a paper book now.

I have Graysen over for a sewing lesson this afternoon, I think.  Katherine will have Mom time, and next week I'll have Katherine by herself for whatever she wants to do.  


No comments:

Post a Comment