Monday, September 7, 2020

Labor Day Dinner

 It wasn't as formal as it sounds.  This was my plate.


I took an accidental picture of my plate with only beans.


But there was more!


Delicious steak cooked by Ryan and salad and beans by Emily.  Pie by Mimi, which was well received.


I was so happy to see these babies, and I think they were glad to see me too.  So many things to show me and share and talk about.


I had not received a picture or video of Graysen hoola-hooping, so I needed to see it in person, and she is good.  Very fast.  




We started smelling smoke just as I left.  There has been a little smoke from the California fires, but this is from Eastern Washington, and it's bad enough to close the interstate in Central and Eastern WA.  So sad.  I hope they soon get them under control.  I was hoping for a little wind tonight, but it's not going to be more than 16 MPH.  Still warm and refreshing walking home.  I took a few pictures of the sunset which gave a spooky feel to the garden trail.




School starts back tomorrow, and I guess I won't see anyone during the week until maybe Friday when we're talking about going to a fabric shop to look for some binding material for Emily's quilt.  Then it's our annual gathering at Mike's Tree.  It was pretty hot last year, and I'm hope the girls get a chance to get into the river this year.  

I've stopped enjoying the wind now since I had to go and take in my garbage and recycling cans and secure everything on the balcony.  


No comments:

Post a Comment