Thursday, September 17, 2020

Play Time

 I guess yesterday was so boring I didn't have anything to share except for celebrating the birthday of one of my oldest friends, Debra.  She still manages to stay several years younger than me.  We have birthdays 10 days apart, and from the time we met in the late 1970s, we've usually managed to make a big deal out of our special month.  It's been many years since we've lived close enough to even visit, and now it's just the two of us so we catch up with marathon phone calls every few months.  She's hoping to move closer to her children and grandchildren soon, so we have a lot to talk about.  I miss her and hope to get a chance to get together soon.

I guess it wasn't boring for the ones going through yet another hurricane, Sally this time.  I talked with Kathy this morning, and she said they were fine but extremely wet and that Allie Dog had a hard day but was okay now.  She's not a lover of weather extremes.  Just from glancing at Facebook last night, it seems friends in the Panhandle of Florida also had power outages and some flooding but luckily all were okay.  I'll have to check and see the progress through North Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina today.  Maybe even North Carolina.  Lots of rain everywhere, but we don't have any!  Our day will come all too soon, and then we'll be looking for sunshine too.

When I talked to Emily at the end of the day yesterday, we decided I would have the girls after school today, and that was a nice thing to look forward to.  Ryan dropped them off, and we headed pretty quickly to the yogurt shop.  It was a perfect day, bright and cool with few signs of the poor air quality.  They were ready to be wild and crazy and run off some of their energy.  




Katherine needed to replace the flowers on the fairy grouping at the bottom of my stairs.


We then waked over to Cherry de Pon, and Katherine reminded me once again and laughed so hard about the time I accidentally went into T-Mobile two doors up.  Honest mistake.  It looks more like a yogurt shop than a telephone shop.


 


We lucked up and got tables outside to eat.  It's usually too crowded to sit there, but they were able to sit and enjoy their combination Strawberry Shortcake and Dulce De Leche cups.  Their combinations make me lose my appetite.

They both wanted candy corn and pumpkins plus some little marshmallow things and a couple of gummy sharks on top.  I forgot all about Graysen not being able to eat candy because of her expander.  Bad Mimi!  But she didn't forget. Once she remembered and asked, "Is this allowed?" she picked every single piece of candy out of her yogurt.


Here's the beautiful mermaid tail-colored expander that is one of her prized possessions.  She has another permanent one on her top teeth.


Emily says she is very good about asking about everything she eats to see if it's allowed.  She's a little bummed about Halloween and not getting to eat all the candy, but I doubt Halloween is going to be much anyway this year.  Besides, she can eat chocolate, and of course Mimi will give her a special bag of just things she can eat.  And one for Katherine, of course.  She said, "Ya gotta be fair."


And this one has no problem with eating candy so was the happy recipient of ALL the stuff.


We then went to Queen Kitty Hill to run some more - them, not me.  I found a nice low tree limb and observed all the running and fire building and picking of "mint leaves."  They never walk, and one was running in flip-flops or shower shoes or whatever they're called and one in her big cowboy boots.  I held my breath every time they took off on a run, but there was only one fall, and it was on the grass, thank goodness.  







Graysen then wanted the camera to take some pictures of "fall."  I thought she did a good job of capturing the first days.  She said this picture looked like a painting.





It's still pretty hazy-looking.



We went back to the garage where they found 3 library books in my bag they hadn't seen, so I read those while they dressed the old Barbies.  

Such good and precious girls.  I miss them so much when I don't get to see them and worry they will forget about me, but so far I'm still fairly popular.







No comments:

Post a Comment