Monday, September 21, 2020

A New Week

 This was my wake-up picture this morning.


This is the most important thing to me this morning, these two precious girls, and I'm sad at not being able to make the world a better place for them.  Hopefully, things will change one day, and people will come to value integrity instead of meanness and hate, but I'm a little despairing of that.  

In the meantime, we'll go back in time to The Little House in the Big Woods.  Graysen asked very sweetly yesterday on a video call if I would make them a bonnet and apron like Laura and Mary wore.  I think having their mom talk about me making the same thing for HER at that age had a little to do with it.  

I need a little distraction - a LOT of distraction - so I gathered up some fabrics for them to choose from, and they picked one for their bonnets and one for their aprons. 


I tried to get the homespun look, but this is all I could come up with.  Surprisingly, they chose the beige flowers for the bonnets and the little pink roses for the aprons.

I'm not sure what I would do without my friends and my little family here to lift me up, and I'm so thankful for them.

And this sweet calm boy.  One day he'll cuddle with me, and that will be nice.  The most he will allow now is brushing at arm's length and petting while he eats, but he doesn't run from me any more.





No comments:

Post a Comment