Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Randomness


These are such pretty Easter eggs.  I'm not sure the girls are old enough to do this yet but maybe in a few years.  The idea came from a blog called Urban Comfort.  It's not active right now, but I'm going to add it to my favorites since I saw a lot of nice holiday things as I scrolled through.

You would think since I had so much time that I would be more organized.  As far as the apartment goes, I am on top of that.  Laundry washed and put up every day.  Kitchen scrubbed and cleaned multiple times a day - by Elise and me both.  Windows have been washed on the inside, vacuuming done, bathrooms cleaned, doorknobs sanitized!

It's just my mind that is so disorganized.  There are too many things I'm interested in, and I can't light on just a few.  I know the ease of finding things on the computer adds to that.  One search leads to another, and before long I forget what I was thinking about in the first place.  In the mornings when I have all this energy, I pull out things to do and work on and never get around to them, so when I go to bed, I just have to make new piles.

There are books I want to read.  Movies I want to watch.  Podcasts I want to listen to.  Blogs I try to keep up with.  I have lists all over the place.  I need to spend more time doing them instead of making lists.  But I'm glad that's my only worry right now.


I saw this at the bottom of my stairs when I went down to walk today, and it made me so happy.  Because the apartment complex has landscapers, you hardly ever see any personal flowers. I'm pretty sure our downstairs neighbor put it there, and I'm also sorry I don't know them.  Such a sweet couple.  I've talked to him a few times since we've run into each other walking a lot.  They keep their son's beautiful golden retriever sometimes, and we keep running into each other.  She and I wave from the car, and I love her little front porch and keep meaning to tell her how much I enjoy it and formally introduce myself.  Now that I can't do that very well, I regret it. 

I once again managed to fit my walk between bouts of heavy rain and even hail this afternoon.  There was just enough sunshine to stay warm, but the wind got to my ears and made them ache.  It may come down to earmuffs in April.  I got a mini-workout before I even started my walk.  There was a State Farm letter mis-delivered to my mailbox.  We're K204, and it belonged at L204, which is the building next door.  I knew it was upstairs and knew there were two flights of stairs.  I guessed wrong the first time so got to do a little stair-climbing.  

There was a Seattle Times there on the landing, and I should have looked at it to see if it might be my missing one from last weekend.  I think I'll sneak up there tomorrow and check to see if it's two weeks old.  If it is, I'll grab it.  You can never have enough NYT crosswords and book lists!

I talked to 3 friends today by email or phone, and that's the plus of being in the spot we're in.  I think we all want to reconnect and find out how we're coping.  I also need to use my voice.  In my former life, it seemed like I never stopped talking when the girls were around, but now at noon I sometimes realize I haven't spoken a word.  

I took advantage of mail order to order coffee and coffee filters (I'm drinking too much), cat food (they're always hungry), printer ink and paper, and some polka-dot balloons for science experiments for the girls and for Katherine's birthday celebration in May if we have any left.  It's not quite as much fun to shop from home at Target, but with my debit card, I get free shipping plus 5% back, so it makes sense.  

Elise and I now have our own masks in case we need them.  Her friend is a nurse, and they have a group of people making them.  I sent a bag of fabric, and they rewarded us with these cute designs.  I guess we're Washington State fans now.  I think they're cute but hope we never have to wear them.


Emily brought us these two weeks ago, and I'm also hoping I don't need them.  I haven't been out in any stores or anywhere except on the sidewalks, but I've not seen anyone wearing any kind of mask.



The one disadvantage to being isolated is that the neighbors are too.  I rarely hear Jamie, our nice new neighbor, who has some walls in common with us, but this young guy next door!  Wow! When he used to go out to work, I didn't mind hearing his garage door open beneath me every morning or even the loud music  from his truck when he came home in the evenings.  But whatever he's doing now is crazy. He's gone several hours a day but is now home a lot and noisy.  I'm sure it's a video game or Fantasy Football - or something - that's got him so animated!  He's very vocal about it and talks and yells at someone.  I don't hear another voice, so I'm thinking it's an online thing.   I'll probably not mention it to him or knock on the wall with a broomstick unless it starts keeping me awake.  I kind of like to know there's
someone nearby.

A few things that made me smile today:





No comments:

Post a Comment