Friday, March 13, 2020

Social Distancing

Well....

I used to think sometimes that it would be nice to have nowhere to go and no obligations for an extended period of time, but now that I have it, I don't know what to think.

On one hand, I love not having a schedule.  I can stay up late and get up in the middle of the night to read if I want to and not have an alarm facing me.  I don't have to fit what I'm doing into the middle of the day because of school pickup.

I do feel guilt because Emily is working, the girls are home (for 6 weeks), and Ryan has no one to give him a break.  I'll think, "I could just...."  but I can't.  We're going to isolate for at least a week for anything the girls might have picked up, and then we'll see.

Next week, I think I'll be okay to take them out for some walks but not to parks and not around other kids.  Today is out because it has snowed all day long.  It's mixed with rain so not sticking, but it's so cold and miserable-looking that I'm not even going out at all.










 I popped into the library yesterday on my walk just to leave some books and pick up a couple of ones I had on hold, but now I've just heard that all the libraries will be closed until the middle of April.  Lucky thing I have 4 books and an audio book.

I have plenty to do.  It will just take some getting used to. 

I just averted a disaster by about 10 minutes this morning.

Only two K-cups left.


But then this appeared at my door about 8:00.  It's only a third of my order, but it will do.


I miss the girls so much.  I hope they're finding plenty to do inside all day.  At least it's now the weekend, and they can have some family time and hopefully make some decisions about school work and whether I can be of help.  I feel so useless!

And now I'm going crazy wondering what this regular series of three beeps is that I'm hearing.  Not in my apartment.  When I stand on the balcony, it's very clear, but I can't tell if it's coming from another apartment or a car or the golf cart that the maintenance men use - or what!  It's annoying as heck and a little bit scary.  It sounds almost like an alarm or a timer.  When Elise gets home, I'll send her out looking for the direction of the sound.

And this is how my Friday the 13th has gone, Day 2 of isolation.

And beeping problem solved.  I noticed that the maintenance cart was parked across from me, and I was going to listen for Tom to come out and have him investigate, but when he cranked it, poof, there went the sound.  I wasn't looking forward to trying to sleep with that going on all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment