Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Morning Walk

I had instructions to get out and walk, so I did.

First stop was to the garage where I left the recycling stuff and brought up some of my warm-weather clothes so see which ones are going to work - if warm weather ever gets here.

It was 41 but not raining, actually a little sunshine, and I walked for maybe 45 minutes.

The first thing interesting I saw was this.  A perfectly fresh banana.


I did nudge it out of the middle of the sidewalk to keep someone from stepping on it.  I hope the person who dropped it comes back by and spots it.  I kind of wanted it myself, but I thought it might be a trick since there is an ongoing joke in the community about bananas being the first item to disappear if there's going to be a snowstorm - or a quarantine.

There's not much to see this time of year.  The cherry trees are just beginning to blossom but aren't out enough to be pretty yet.  I saw a few flowers.





I went up to the high point behind the school, but it was way too overcast to see Rainier.  It was good to see all the kids out playing and screaming and laughing, although I think a good many are being kept home.  

I saw Elise drive by and wave and then went back home through town, picking up the mail on the way.  It was just a long enough walk, and the fresh air was lovely.  

I got a cup of coffee and started a new book, although I think I've read it before - or at least started it.  Something will let me know soon if I have.  I noticed I have 4 in transit that should be here tomorrow, so I need to get busy reading.  Or doing laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment