Thursday, March 19, 2020

The Good and the Not So Good

It's hard for the hours not to run together when one day is just like the other.  I kind of love it though.  I don't have to worry about what day it is, whether I'm supposed to be somewhere, or if I'm going to need to do something at a certain time.  I could get spoiled, but I don't want to waste these days.

Really, doing what you want to do is not wasting them though. If I enjoy reading all day and working a logic problem or two and playing online Mah-Jong, then I'll do it.  I enjoy the little cleaning I have to do, so that's not a problem.  Same with walking in the fresh air.  So not a total waste.

Just to make it a little more interesting, I'm going to break my day down into the Good and Not So Good.  Nothing is really Bad because we all still have our health and sense of humor and love and bright sunshine today.  I can add things all day if I want to!

THE GOOD

1.  This package was waiting at the door when I got up.


I haven't seen any regular mail this week, but this was a very welcome delivery.  I was beginning to think all the Holiday Blend was gone since it didn't come in the usual order, but here it is, and I'll keep my order just to see if I get another box in a couple of months.  I had already had my first cup (of something else) when I found it, but there will be others today, for sure.  I AM drinking too much coffee now.

2.  Virtual Travel


My screensaver this morning was lovely.  This program was already on my computer, and I've just left it and look forward to seeing a new scene every day.  I've been reading about virtual trips to museums and vacation spots, and I think that's something that would be fun, since it's as close to traveling and exploring that I'm going to get, it looks like.

3.  Sunshine!




The NOT SO GOOD


1.  Taxes!!  I was hoping there would be a delay on filing this year, but I learn that it's just a delay in paying.

About one-third of those papers have anything to do with this year's filing.  One third is the paperwork from last year so I'll have something to go by, and the last third is all the worksheets and instructions.

If I can figure out my Social Security tax, then I'm good to go.  The other holdup is my self-employment and prepaid estimated tax from the little transcription I did in 2019.  I know what I made and know what taxes I paid during the year.  I'm just not sure where to plug the amounts in.  Since I'm not going to work this year, I shouldn't have to worry about that again!  If someone will just figure out my SS tax!  It shouldn't be so confusing.


2.  Toilet Paper (and everything else) Hoarding

We happened to have a giant Charmin pack that had been riding around in my car since my last trip to Target sometime in February, so we didn't think about needing any, but when Elise was in Bartell's yesterday picking up a prescription, she got a couple of packs just to be sure in case it's still going to be a problem.


I don't know this brand but have seen it advertised.  We'll see.  Just glad to have some, I guess.

2.  Sheet-washing day

I love clean sheets, but I hate taking them off and putting them back on.  I've put it off, but now it's time.  The sunshine will help, and I'll open the windows in a bit.


Right now, it seems like the good outweighs the not so bad, and I'm so thankful for that.  I might get a chance to Skype with the girls and even find out when they're out riding bikes and walk along near them.  Still just waiting for the rules to change every day, but I'm not even going to read anything about anything unpleasant until later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment