Thursday, March 12, 2020

It's Going to be Hard

Schools are closed from tomorrow, the 13th through Spring Break, April 17th.

So sad.  I'm not sure what people will do, whether there's a plan in place or what.

Under other circumstances, I could pitch in and help, but Emily wants to let all the school exposures die down for awhile before I get to spend time with the girls.

I did make them a surprise this morning.

It doesn't look that appetizing at first.






I bought these little molds when we were doing clay last summer along with some other shapes.  They didn't work out well for clay, so we'll see what happens.


It's trial and error for the most part.  I did have these little droppers that made it easier, but I got a little tired of doing all that and poured the second batch from a measuring cup.


Some of them ended up with appendages, but some of them turned out to be so cute.


Think about the hard part left in a jello bowl, and that's the consistency but a little stiffer because of the extra gelatin.

The stars are cute too and, more importantly, bigger!


I got the recipe from here, and they're simple enough to make.

The kids will love the idea, but frankly I don't think they're as good as the "real" ones.  It's the thought that counts, I guess, and I was thinking of them while I did it.


So I just wait for guidance.  I think I'm perfectly okay to go for another long walk today to get out of the house and enjoy the little bit of sunshine.  Fortunately, we're expecting nice weather next week and lots of sunshine.

Maybe I could go to the park and observe from a distance!

 Graysen, Rocco, and Shradda enjoying the neighborhood rock this week.


Katherine enjoying hanging out with Murphy, the dog next door. She was too little for the older girls and too old for Rocco, who is only 3 but as big as she is.


Murphy is so funny and just clueless.  All he wants is just constant hugging.  Those legs!

==============
I can't pick up the children or be around them for a while, but I did pass by the school just now and heard them playing on the playground.  Just praying things get back to normal as soon as possible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment