Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Different Times

It looks like for at least the rest of the month, I'm going to be out of commission, socially, at least.

There was no school Monday, so I had nothing to do except keep the girls a few hours while Emily and Ryan had a break.  They even brought me a couple books by from the library and offered to bring any groceries I need.

Yesterday I received a text from Ryan saying he would take the girls to school, and since it was pouring rain, I accepted graciously and grabbed another 30 minutes of sleep.  Then later I found out from Emily that they had conspired against me, and I no longer am allowed to do much of anything.  Ryan does school drop-off, and Emily is getting off early when Ryan is working to pick them up.

I'm not sure how that's going to work out for me.  I certainly don't miss going out in the early mornings, but somehow once I get them dressed and ready and dropped off at school, I'm energized and appreciate coming back home and getting things done.  But with the whole day stretching ahead of me, I have to be careful not to waste time.

I don't feel personally in any "danger," although I know no one knows exactly what the danger is.  I feel like if I can take a little pressure off Emily mentally (and make her able to fix at least this part of her life), then I'll do what they say.

I'm allowed to get out and take as many walks as I want to.  Just by myself.

I walked up to the library and voted yesterday afternoon.


I went down to mine and Mike's favorite walking path and stood and looked at the little pond.


I then walked about 8 blocks and turned around and went back home.  It was refreshing but still a little chilly.  I think I'll do it a little earlier today.

Yesterday after school, Em and Ryan couldn't quite get their schedules worked out, so I did pick up Katherine at school and take her to gymnastics while Ryan walked up and got Graysen.

We got to the gym early, so we were able to get her changed leisurely this time and have time for a snack and some reading.

There are cute little signs in the bathrooms with instructions on using the bathrooms and washing hands that have always been there, but Katherine went over them all with me.  A teaching moment for her.  "These are the rules for going potty.  And these are the rules for washing your hands.  You count to 50 or sing the ABC song while you wash with soap.  Mimi, you know there's a lot of sickness going around."

I loved our time together.  After her snack, she got out her reading book, and she read it for me and then filled out the like or dislike form all by herself.



Writing out that full name is going to take a little more work.  She's written KATE in pre-K for quickness, but she prefers to be called Katherine.



This is one reason for a prolonged hand-washing.  She can't resist rocks.  Or blocks.


Bonus:  Three worms minding their own business, but she needed to poke and prod a little before she gave a shudder that made Mimi proud.


She had already held ducks and chickens at school.  "I holded a black duck today.  Their noses are soft and not pointy.  Makena and I chased some black chickens but they didn't stop and let us catch them.  James almost accidentally kicked a chicken.  ALMOST."  Those Rooster Valley ducks and chickens can't have that much fun during recess!

How am I going to get by without hearing these things every day.  When I took her home, Graysen ran up and gave me a hug, and she was just as neat and clean and sparkly as Katherine was grubby.  That girl does not like to get dirty.  She was also very glad to see her little sister too and may have squeezed her a little too hard!

Ryan had picked up cat litter and Normandy vegetables at Costco for me, so I went home and had roasted veggies and chicken from the crockpot and finished my book.   



It was good enough for me to finish, but I never got totally involved in it.  I'm trying to stick with books a little longer.  I have two new ones to get started on today, but first I have to do a little work on those taxes.

There have been some beautiful pictures of the moon this week on the Facebook community groups, and this is my favorite.


Moonset yesterday morning by Deidre Wright, a local photographer.  I'm not sure if she did the first one or not.

Image may contain: sky, tree, cloud, outdoor and nature

No comments:

Post a Comment