Friday, March 6, 2020

A Welcome Friday Night

Friday nights are the best.  I'm not just really that tired.  I just like knowing I have 3 days of me time and can drink a cup of real coffee late in the afternoon without having trouble sleeping.  I never thought it would bother me, but now it seems to.

I even bought a white noise machine to see if I could mask some of those thoughts running around in my head, but so far it's not seeming to do anything.  The thunder is not realistic, and if I want rain, I can just turn it off and hear the real thing.  I'm not sure why there are two settings for "dryer sounds," but that doesn't make me sleepy in the least.  The ocean sounds one is okay, but the fan doesn't do it.  I'm thinking of the old oscillating fan we used to have on those hot summer nights.  This one is more of a ceiling fan.  I guess I need to have an old-fashioned sounds machine.

Speaking of old-fashioned, I ran out of hand soap in my bathroom dispenser and put out a bar of regular soap.  The first time Katherine saw it, she stopped and stared at it and then said, "Mimi, is this old-fashioned soap?"  I guess it is.  Another proclamation from her today after school was, "I actually catched and holded a black chicken today.  I used to be scared of their noses, but now I'm not."

Chicken, duck, and goat noses.


After gymnastics, Graysen and I surprised Katherine by walking around to the playground and spotting her on the tire swing with Makenna, and they posed for a picture.



The animals look like they're looking forward to a restful weekend too.  I think the sheep are going to be sheared in April.   I'll be sure to take a picture of them without their wool.


Wilbur had to come out of the barn to greet us.  He moves surprisingly fast.


 Since it was P for Pig week, he got to star in all the pictures.


Another conversation on the way home from school:

K:  We played hot potato today, only we played it with a pig.
Me:  What kind of a pig?  A stuffie pig?
K:  No.
Me:  A toy pig?
K:  No.
Me:  A real pig?
K:  No, Mimi.  No one can hold Wilbur.
Me:  Well, what kind of pig?
K:  I don't want to talk about it any more.

Our sunshine is gone for awhile, and it might snow tomorrow.  It's good to be warm and snug inside.


I'm not sure what else we did this week.  I'll just see what pictures I can find.  Most of them seem to be of me where the girls will grab the camera and delight in taking my picture.  None of which are suitable for viewing!

We had homework a couple of nights.  Graysen is doing pretty well in math if she can keep her mind on what she's doing.


 Katherine grabs her workbook and works alongside her, but Graysen is constantly tempted to look at what Kate's working on.

 As soon as I sit down, Luna jumps in my lap for some cuddling.



One afternoon, we came in and were going to read the new library books, but by the time I got my coat and shoes off, Graysen was already reading to Katherine.  I love this so much!


I'm hoping we don't have anywhere to go or anything to do this weekend.  I think the girls are having a tea party at the Paisley Parlour in Issaquah tomorrow with a couple of Graysen's friends and their little sisters and moms - if the snow doesn't cancel that.  

Emily's Lenten rose is looking particularly beautiful this week.


One day with sunshine we visited two parks.






We got a good view of Mount Rainier from Community Park, and the girls enjoyed swinging, but it was so cold my ears were freezing, so we moved on pretty quickly.





I'll try to make time for talking about Graysen's seventh birthday celebration and their trip to Vancouver (Van Cougar) later.  


No comments:

Post a Comment