Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Anxiety

Today is the first time I've not been upbeat about our strange life and what the future holds.  I'm not pacing anxious or even sad.  I just haven't been able to raise my usual enthusiasm for life today.

I told a friend this morning that I'm not sure which one to worry about the most, our health or the economy.  Not that worrying will cause me to do one thing differently or help the situation, but it still creeps in.

I ended up reading a lot today and finished this book.  I loved it and will try to find more of her books.  Since I'm not in a hurry to use up my library books, I read it slowly and enjoyed the writing as much as the actual story.


Elise and I watched Little Women last night, and this is how it looked.



I hardly ever watch TV, but it was nice to be all wrapped up in a furry blanket with a fire listening to the rain blow against the window panes.  I thought it was a pretty good version, even though Little Women hasn't ever been one of my favorites - the book or the movies.  Elise got bored halfway through and wandered off, but I stuck with it and really liked it.

I did watch a good Netflix movie on my computer, The Farewell,  I liked it a lot and wish I could find more movies like it.  I'd like a have a series to binge on, but I can't find one I like well enough to watch more than one or two episodes.  I like to get ready for bed and prop my computer up on my knees and let myself get immersed in another life for a while.  I think my noise machine is really helping me to sleep better, but we've had some good rain to go along with it.  If only there was just a little bit of far-off thunder.

The family came over in the rain to say hello just now.  This was Emily's first whole day off work, and I didn't know how she was going to handle it - if she could put her work worries aside and enjoy being home or if the togetherness would be too much.  But they were all excited - well maybe excited wasn't the word to describe Ryan - to tell me what all they had done during the day.  We all stood in the rain - well apart - and it was kind of a blur - something ninja, yoga, Lexia (the school's math website), reading, writing, bird-watching, cooking (chef badges).  Graysen was jumping up and down to get it all told, but Katherine just kind of hung back and stared at me.  She's having the hardest time without that touching and snuggling, and so am I.  It makes her shy with me, and I caught her looking at me like she was trying to remember me.  I think it perked me up, just to hear about them all bonding and getting closer as a family and heading home to eat lasagna and salad.

I've enjoyed a little bit getting back on Facebook and reconnecting with people, seeing the funny things people find and hearing of good things others are doing to cope.  I've purged any negative political stuff and the people who post that drivel, so it's all nice and enjoyable.  I limit myself to a little bit of time in the morning and a little bit in the afternoon, and that's it.  I'm looking forward to Skyping with my girls tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment