Sunday, September 2, 2018

Sept 2, 2018

If nothing else happens, which it will because I'm babysitting this afternoon, I will have written my bit for today.  Another beautiful day, and I do plan to get out and take the girls to the park or just walk.  This morning, I'm packaging up my ebay things that sold this week and getting them ready to sell Monday morning.  So far, I've sold every one of the magazines I found in the garage and all the things Emily gave me to list for the girls' outgrown clothes.  I have 8 bids already and 18 watchers on a pair of shoes that are, at best, play shoes.  The girls loved them best of all shoes ever, and we really hate to see them go.  I think I bought them used on the Livie and Luca Facebook page, so they have been worth what I paid. I paid less than $20 for them then, both girls wore them to pieces, and someone just paid me $16.00 for them.  Win!

Here's Graysen enjoying them at the pumpkin farm in 2014 and on one of our walks before we moved here.



And Katherine this summer.  She really, really loved her birdie shoes.  Maybe I can find some more in her size - if they still make them.


Just looking at the 2014 pictures as I searched for these pictures made my heart hurt.  Even though Mike was getting chemo, and we still lived in Alabama, just visiting here, these were really special times we all spent together, getting to know Graysen and enjoying exploring the area. We're happy now, but there will always be that wishing he were here with us now.

We walked through town to a little hidden park.  This is right behind the old IGA building.



We started walking down a little lane on the way to the park, and Graysen gasped and said, "Mimi.  Look."  I figured I was about to see my first bear or cougar but didn't see anything.  She said, "Snake!"  I said, "Are you sure?"  as I turned and headed in the other direction.  She said, "Yeah.  Or a big worm."  It probably was a little snake, but I'm very glad I didn't see it.  I try to act like a grownup around the kids.

 Except for that, it was a very nice walk.  It was a bright sunshiny day with a nice breeze, and we got a little hot walking.  I'm planning to read on the balcony for a while, but it may be too chilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment