Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Graysen's First Day of Kindergarten

It went great.  I think Emily and I overthink things and want to pave the way for her to have good experiences.  Ryan just doesn't worry.  Everyone does it.  Everyone survives.

I went over yesterday afternoon, and we filled the table with date books, calendars, lists, ordering backpacks, examining the supply box.  Big disaster:  Ryan wondered why she only had 9 markers in her box of 10 (straight from the company).  It was the gray missing, so we knew neither girl had gotten in and taken one.

Emily went over the school calendars - both of them - and we coordinated pickups and coordinated dance pickups and color coded planners and work schedules, and put it all up on the white board on the kitchen.

At 4:00 today, Emily called me and said, "We forgot Katherine's first dance class!"  How?  We were devastated but then laughed about it.  She's three.  But I think we worry about how our brains are working.

Emily brought Katherine by the apartment, and she and Graysen walked to school.  She said she (Em) didn't cry (because she had done it last night), and Graysen was perfectly fine.  These are the pictures from this morning.  She said I shamed her into getting a little sign with her name and year on it.  Ha.


Nothing like a photo-bombing little sister with her Paw Patrol crocs and her breakfast toast to make the picture complete.



 Mama's having a hard time.  




 Interesting picture.  Cute kids.  So many parents and siblings.  First boy is having to line up with his litter sister and showing his feelings.  Little boy in sunglasses is tearing into his mother's welcome candy.  I think only one case of anxiety and tears.
 

 There she goes to a new beginning.  Her new backpack and lunchbox will be here soon.

Tomorrow is Katherine's first day.  She and I went to the post office and the grocery store this morning, and she never stopped talking.  I love it that she'll see a box of cereal on the shelf and just stop and go crazy over it.  She never asks for anything.  It's enough for her just to discover it and exclaim over it.  I'm going to have my work cut out for me entertaining her by herself two days a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment