Friday, September 7, 2018

Freedom

That's the feeling I had at 9:10 after I dropped of Kate at her school.  At least until 1:20.  On Friday, elementary school has early pickup.  Emily and Ryan are going to spend some time at the lake after work since it's supposed to rain this weekend, so the girls and I will go out to eat tonight.  Then the weekend!

No crying or worry from anyone this morning.  One pair of shoes couldn't be found, but hopefully the fact registered (once more) that you need to put your shoes where you can find them in the mornings, especially if you love them.

I think I've worked out a system where I can leave home at 8:40, deliver Graysen to her gate at 8:45 and then drive Kate to her school and make it by 9:00.  Gray was a little hesitant for me to leave her on the playground and leave, but it's the rule, so she gave me big hugs and turned and walked away - fairly confidently..  It hurts my heart.  She did turn around twice and give me grinning waves, so that was good.

Kate was silent on the way to school, so I thought we might have more tears.  When we got into her room, I asked her to show me her cubby, and she was so proud to find it and put up her shoes and lunch box.  Walter, the classroom puppy came up and licked her face and made her giggle, and then Ms Jamie picked her up and hugged her and said, "Kate.  I've missed you.  Our science center is open today."  That seemed to please her.  She also gave me a kiss and went willingly into the schoolroom.  I think she'll have so much fun.

I think I might just do nothing today.  Nothing.  Maybe read.  Maybe sit on the balcony and have a cup of coffee.  Maybe work a little more in the garage since that's kind of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment