Thursday, September 20, 2018

Gray Day

This is the kind of day the girls and I love - except when it keeps you from going to the park.

We walked to school in the drizzle this morning and enjoyed it immensely.  It was pretty warm, and we left early enough so Katherine could jump in every puddle we saw.  Graysen didn't have on her rain boots, but her silver ones, so she decided to stay out of puddles.

We came back to the apartment, and Katherine played while I made a grocery list, and then we did our thing.  We stopped at the library to return some books in the book drop, stopped at the ATM, then went to get gas, and finally to the grocery store.

I just love this 3-year-old when she goes grocery shopping.  She is SO excited about everything.  Balloons!!  A CHASE balloon!  Grapes!  Strawberries.  I LOVE bananas, Mimi!  They were out of Paw Patrol cookies, but she said, "Okay, so yesterday you can buy some, right?"  Most everything in the past is last night.  When she's not talking and exclaiming, she rides along with this little self-satisfied smile on her face, just taking it all in.  I hate to tell her she's going to stop liking this so much one day.

She gets this look when it's time to go down my stairs.  It's a little scary for her.


 She was wonderful today as far as her mood and happiness.  She plays with the most unlikely things.  Not the Shopkins toys or the Barbies or the playhouse and little people - but a Travel Scrabble game and a Boggle game.  These little pieces take on many roles and have names and personalities with songs to go along with them.

The kaleidoscope she calls her telescope but can't close one eye to look through it.  I told her to put her hand over one eye, so she did that and held it with the other and then said, "Meme, now you need to turn it for me so I can see the jewels."


We picked Graysen up from school, saw some blue sky and walked to the apartment, played a bit, and then we went to their house to make a Creamy Beef Bake casserole, that old standby from the 70s and 80s.  Ground beef, Kraft macaroni and cheese dinner, and cream of mushroom soup.  Not very exciting, but since Emily has an important meeting after work, it was a delight to her to have something they could eat.  I hope they like it.

Elise is at work, and I have the place to myself for hours and hours.  I hope I can stay awake to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment