Saturday, September 8, 2018

Lazy Saturday

I woke up this morning to the sound of rain.  I had almost forgotten how it sounded.  I downloaded an app to my phone that has rain and thunder and wind and will turn it on at night sometimes, but it's not the real thing, and it doesn't fool me.

It was nice not to have anywhere to go or anything to do.  Emily called while I was still in my pajamas and said she had some salmon for Elise and me.  She had seasoned it so that the rest of the family didn't like it.  I hope we will.  I met her on the stairs for that, but then later on today they had made salsa and guacamole and brought it over on the way to the grocery store and took pity on us for not having chips and brought us some of those too.  I told her she was looking like Meals on Wheels with all those deliveries.

It was pretty congested below a lot of the day with people moving in and people moving out.  I hate that the family across the landing from us are moving.  I think they're Russian and not sure if she speaks English or not.  They're a sweet family with two beautiful children and so quiet.  I'll miss the little boy with his scooter making the girls laugh.  There are two kindergarteners across the alley from us.  We met Levi and his mother at the playdate, and Gaby has been living with her family across from us also.  Lots of people walk the kids back and forth to school and a lot of the older ones ride bikes.  The streets are just full of parents and kids in the mornings and afternoons.  It's fun now - but I'm not looking forward to those cold wet and snowy days.  I'll probably be a wimp and use an umbrella.

I glanced at the ballgames some this morning.  They started at 9:00.  I think most of them went like expected with good teams beating up on cupcakes.  Auburn beat Ala. St. 63-9.  Kentucky upset Florida, which was a big surprise and nice for the Kentucky people.  And Washington won.

I've made myself go through some of the boxes in the garage and throw away more things.   I let more things go this time.  I didn't save any Summer Reading Club certificates for the children or church bulletins with their names in them for something, choir or acteens.  I kept a lot of the cards if they had sweet or funny notes.  At one point, I started printing out and saving emails, and those were a lot of fun to read through.  I kept a lot of those.  It helped me remember some things I had forgotten.

I brought a few fall decorations up and might actually get the table cleaned off enough to make it look nice tomorrow.  All my ebay things have been sold and mailed and I haven't started on my second round yet, so that mess is under control.  It seems to fill up with library books, kids' things they leave, mail, you name it.  So a good day - Saturday - September - rain - nowhere to go.  What's not to like.

No comments:

Post a Comment