Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Mid-Month Blahs

I knew it would take me awhile to get back not thinking about Stella constantly, and that's okay.

This is a crazy week with Emily not getting home until Monday and the girls being a little clingy after missing her.  Nothing we can't handle but just a little extra imagination needed.

Katherine had to get her 3-year checkup yesterday and shots.  She "called me" from the doctor's office afterwards, talking at the top of her voice about getting a Hello Kitty sticker and not crying for her "needles."  She admitted later she did cry but mainly just sad, Ow that hurt, and cried a little bit and then didn't cry.  And got two sparkly bandaids which she called attention to many times yesterday afternoon.  She had to go to dance, and they showed through her tights, and she said, "I don't want my teacher to see them."  I told her the teacher wouldn't mind, and the first thing she did when she got there was to announce that she got shots and had sparkly bandaids.  I looked in the door when I picked her up, and she was marching right along with the others in her tap shoes.

She cried a little when I left her this morning - not really crying but leaning against me and not wanting to go in.  Graysen did fine with her hug and 3 waves.

Emily has a fever blister.  I can't say I've ever had a real one, just a kind of warning and maybe some redness, but when she starts one, she panics, and I can see why.  She was treating it the best she could yesterday afternoon with ice and Abreva, and hydrogen peroxide (she knows the drill), and already there were maybe five blisters on her lip, including a huge white one that looked awful.  She's going to the doctor this afternoon, but there's probably not much to do but let it run its course - 2 to 3 weeks.  She still had to work, which including treating some patients today.

My state of health can't compare to hers, but yesterday, less than a week after getting the flu shot, I started a slight cough.  I recognized it from last year, and that's not a good feeling.  It starts with a cough and then a sore throat, and then all the other stuff.  Sure enough, I woke up with a sore throat and just feeling blah.  I'm not sure what to do.  Some people say start taking a lot of vitamins.  I don't know if I believe in that or not.  I took some Benadryl last night in case it's a sinus drainage thing.  If it doesn't get any worse than this, I'll be okay if I can find a little energy somewhere.

I only took one picture yesterday, and I have to laugh at this grumpy girl.  She was trying to take off her dance outfit completely backwards.   Once she got her tights halfway down, she started whining about them not coming off.   Graysen very sweetly went over to her and said, "Let me show you how to get the leotard off.  Remember I showed you how?  First this sleeve and then the other one."  That was about 30 minutes after she tried to choke her.  She CAN be sweet when she wants to.

She looks like her great-great-aunt Winifred who wore her stockings rolled around her ankles.


It's going to be a little cloudy and cool all week, but next week shows nothing but sunshine.  We're supposed to go to the Washington State Fair Sunday, and there's a 20% chance of rain and only up to 63 degrees.  I think that will be just fine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment