Sunday, September 2, 2018

One Post a Day

Yesterday, the first day of September, I thought I would try to post at least one sentence a day for the whole month so I won't have to go back and wrack my brain to remember what's happened.  And already I forgot to do it.

With the new Gmail update, which I struggled with a little bit at first, there are things on the right-hand side that I think I will use.  They were probably there somewhere already, but I've just now discovered them.  The calendar I will use if I can keep it updated.  I kind of depend on my planner that I try to carry with me and Emily to email me other things I need to know about school and other plans.  There's a section for notes that will be really handy since I now open Notepad when I want to save something and then end up forgetting about it.

The Task thing is what I like.  It syncs with my phone, and I can make a list of things on my computer, which is big, and it sends it to my phone, which is small and hard to want to type out lists on.  The only thing I don't like is that when you finish a task, it poofs it away instead of crossing through it.  I like the satisfaction of seeing what I've done.  I'll see if that's an option, but I still like it.  And I found it.  Nice.  Now I can pat myself on the back for what I HAVE done.

Yesterday was a beautiful day, but I didn't get out much.  I took a package to Snoqualmie to mail and found out that PO is not open on Saturday, so I went to North Bend and really enjoyed the ride.  I got back and took down the recycling and swept the garage and just kind of stood in there thinking about how I could get rid of things and made some more space. 

Elise went over to watch the Auburn-Washington game with the Win-Bins until she had to go to work, but I don't do that.  I checked on the score a few times, and that was enough for me.  They're a little bit crazy over there on game days and very loud!


The girls enjoyed running around and waving the flag after the win.  No one in Washington gets really excited about college football.  I saw one Washington shirt and hat in the grocery store, but that was it.  Refreshing.











Emily and the girls rode over (bike and scooter) just to get out of the house and spend a little time over here.  Emily and I had a chance to sit on the balcony and drink  a cup of tea and talk for a change.  We both said again how lucky we are to live just blocks from each other.



So that's more than a sentence, but it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment