Thursday, March 26, 2020

Just Thursday

Brief outing this morning.  I answered a guy on the community page who was looking for two snaps to put on a dog coat.  For real.  Velcro was not working to keep the coat on the great Dane, and he had struck out on finding any snaps anywhere.  

Between my stash of snaps and Mama's, I had every size you could ever want, so we texted a meeting place this morning in front of the school, and it was nice to meet Lucy the pup - tall pup - and converse with another human - the proper distance apart, of course.  

I kept walking over to Steller and texted Ryan I was in the neighborhood and available for a wave and possible chat from the girls.  They were sitting in the swing when I got there, but they were all excited about some project they were doing inside besides being cold, so we didn't talk long.  I think I'm missing them more than they're missing me, but I'm glad they're self-sufficient and happy.  

Emily went back to work for a couple of days.  I was talking to her when she got to work and was able to hear a little bit of her greetings with her co-workers, and they sounded so thrilled to see each other again.  She really does love her work, and I'm glad they can stay open a while.

I went on past the gardens and saw how nice they looked, all plowed and ready for planting with new soil and some new frames.


Looks like the mountains got more than a little sleet yesterday and last night.



 I even went up on Queen Kitty Hill - named by Aunt CeCe and the girls - and it was so quiet.  Very few cars and almost no one out walking today.  I didn't find it too cold, but it was damp and gray.


I finished In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware last night, and it was a good British mystery.  I started Dark Vanessa this morning by Elizabeth Russell but haven't read enough to know whether I'm going to like it or not.

I've been trying to find something to watch on Amazon Prime or Netflix and have been tempted by Suits before.  I finally watched the first episode of Season 1 and liked it well enough to watch the second one. 

I'm still not minding my isolation at all except for not seeing the family.  Emily and Ryan and I are trying to figure out ways that I can interact with the girls but still keep my distance - maybe playing across the street in the big green field or taking a nature walk.  Katherine takes after me in not liking cold weather or a lot of exertion, but we'll find something when it gets warmer.  Her favorite outside activity is picking up trash!  Or thinking about picking up trash, because we don't get to do it, but it's fun to frown at litterbugs and wish we had a garbage bag

I spent a good bit of time this morning after I woke up thinking about changing this blog to one with another name and updating it.  It's so hard for me to make changes, but I really do need to.  I would like to make it more interesting, but since I don't do anything interesting, that would be hard work.   It's like an old friend to me.  I wish I had written when I had more of a life - when we lived in Mississippi and North Carolina and back in Georgia - but there are a lot of memories just in the last 10 years that it makes me happy to revisit.  If I had more of a life, I wouldn't have time to record it, so I guess I'm in a good place - just not Alabama!

This might be a good time to start scanning some of my old black-and-white pictures and writing down my memories before the girls regret not asking me certain things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment