Monday, January 20, 2020

Sweet Bowie

I haven't said much about this good boy.


We weren't sure we would ever see very much of him.  He's hard to figure out.  He's perfectly comfortable around his crazy cat sister.  She can do no wrong.  But if a human approaches him, he starts walking away.  Not running any more, but definitely telling you to keep your distance.

If I corner him in my closet, he'll allow the girls or me to brush him and starts purring and stretches out, but don't approach him in the open with a brush, because he won't allow it.

He's uses Layla's litter box and eats with her in her territory, so he's easy there.

Here, they both have a little hard food to nibble on, but he's already thinking Layla's is better.


So he just moves in and starts eating it.



And surprisingly she lets him.  But it's kind of hard to find the bowl with all his fur.




Even though I know she's not hungry, she wants to share the experience, so she pulls out a few pieces to eat.



 He's not relaxed enough to bathe in front of us, but he's patient while Layla does.


At night, Elise will play with them with the laser, and he never tires of it.  They both know the jingly sound and come running, and he will play and play.  Layla participates some, but she mainly just sits and watches Bowie, like she's proud he's happy.

Just now after he ate, he came into my room and just sat and looked at me.  It's such progress, and I'm so proud of him.  Something happened to him to make him terrified of humans but not of other cats.  He seemed well cared for except for a broken tooth when we got him, so I can't even begin to guess.  We'll just love him and hope he gets comfortable with us.

The weekend was good.  Elise works on Saturday, so I used the empty house to do a lot of cleaning and laundry.  The girls came over Saturday afternoon after dinner for their sleepover.  They brought their own popcorn, and I found Pets 2 for them.  They had just seen it, so I'm sure I enjoyed it more than they did.  They like to see movies more than once so they know when the scary parts are coming and can come over and sit with me or even leave the room.

They got into their sleeping bags after a lot of stories, and Katherine went to sleep almost immediately, but Graysen had a little sadness about missing her Mama and got in bed with me.  I feel so sorry for her, because that used to happen to me when I was away from home, even at camp.  I rubbed her back, and we talked, and it didn't take her long to relax and sleep.  Instead of getting up, I went to sleep myself and had good night's sleep.  I heard Katherine moving around about 7:30 this morning and asked her if she wanted to snuggle, and she very much did.  That was the best, warm and sweet little girls just waking up.  I know how blessed I am to have these times with them.

Tomorrow is a holiday, so I'll be keeping them from 9:30 to 1:30.  I'm hoping for some warm weather so we can walk to the park.  The wind is howling like crazy again tonight, but it's 50 degrees and only a small chance of rain tomorrow.  Then we go into 7 days of 98 and 100 percent chance of rain.  It's okay.  It will be warm-ish rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment