Wednesday, January 1, 2020

First Day of 2020

It's so far kind of boring, the very best!

Because of procrastination in 2019, I was at the grocery store early.  Not bright and early because it wasn't that kind of day.


It's encouraging to walk in the door and see so many empty shopping carts greeting you at the door.


There were very few people, and everyone was cheerful, so I enjoyed loitering a little bit and noticing things I don't usually take time for.  I found some good soup and salads in the deli for Elise and me to start off the new year.  Ryan seems to have been cooking the traditional New Year's Feast.


I see black-eyed peas, red beans and rice, cornbread, and turnip greens.  They spent a good bit of time Friday trying to find turnip greens and finally found some. 

Emily sent me a picture of her forced paperwhite narcissus this morning with a Happy New Year.


This is all I had to offer.  Layla thinks it's her own big toy.


It's still trying though and looking for some light.


It will be hard to get back into a full day of babysitting tomorrow, but then the weekend is in two days.  The girls go back to school on the 6th of January, and I can have my days back.

I don't have any great resolutions to make other than the usual self-improvement things everyone does.

I'm doing well with Bright Line Eating and won't make any changes there.  No sugar, no flour, 3 meals a day, and weigh everything.  I will try to be more consistent and not tweak it so much.  I think it's nice that I haven't eaten any fast food since last February.  I think I'll make it a whole year.  I have had maybe 3 Diet Cokes and a couple of McDonald's salads when I took the girls, but I'm not counting anything like a salad that isn't even good in the first place.  I have 12 pounds to lose by April, and I think I can do that.

It's hard to walk in the winter for me, but I'll try to get out more.  I walk a little every school day just picking up Graysen, but I should tack more onto it.  

My main goal this year is to go ahead and get another car.  It's so hard to get out and look around, but I need to.  No one is going to bring me 20 cars to test drive and let me pick.  I have to go do the dirty work.

I've been off Facebook and enjoying it.  If I get a notice for a birthday, I'll go back and send HB wishes usually, but I'll not go scrolling along and wasting my day.  I know I'll miss some stuff, but I seem to be happier without it.  I like checking in with my private groups and the community pages to see what's happening locally, but that's pretty much enough for me.  

#2 goal is to finish those two quilts for the girls and get out my serger and re-learn how to work that.

Other than that, I'm going to be easy on myself and enjoy life, and that might mean a mid-afternoon nap in preparation for the feast tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment