Thursday, January 23, 2020

Getting Through Thursday

Just a messy and miserable day with puddles up to the kids' knees in places at Rooster Valley.  They loved it though, of course.

Yesterday and today they took field trips to see "the big log" and look around the depot and walk through town to get hot chocolate.  Katherine can tell you how to count the rings to tell a tree's age and what causes logs to get mushy when trees fall down and many more things I didn't know.  That was a long way for those short legs to trek through the pouring rain, and I really feel for the teachers.  I'm not sure why they schedule that trip in January.  There must be a reason, but it always seems to be miserable weather.  I'll try to find some pictures on Facebook later and post those.

Debbie and I played Mah-Jong at the Y today, and it was pretty fun.  I didn't win a game but came close.  The coffee was good, the room was warm, and we had a lot of laughs.

This looks like I know what I'm doing with all these pairs, a pung and a kong, but I was only hoarding dragons.  I know the words but not exactly how to get where I want to be.


Debbie invited the girls to her place to have some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, and both of them accepted with enthusiasm.  In fact, Katherine even ageed to be dropped off there while I picked up Graysen.  They loved the muffins and pretty much told Debbie everything they knew while they were eating them.  It was a nice break for the afternoon.  We then came back here and had just about an hour to do ABC Mouse before Ryan came and got them, 20 minutes apiece.  Katherine has gotten pretty adept at dragging and dropping things, better than me, so she's able to do all the assignments at her level now.  She gets a little nervous about popping balloons with certain letters on them because there's a timer, but she's getting good!

It's nice to be in for the night and drinking my cup of tea before sleeping.  It should be an easy weekend.  Emily usually gets off early on Friday, and they are going tubing this weekend, so I'll have some nice ME time.  I once again haven't been to the mailbox in a week, so that will certainly be an exciting project tomorrow.  Gray has early release, and I might let her sew when we get home if I'm feeling pretty laid back.

My book, The Orchardist, is a little weird and not interesting enough to keep on reading, so I'll put it back in circulation tomorrow and start a new one.

So that was the soggy Thursday.  Boring.  But good to know I got the girls to and from school safely, filled up the car with gas, enjoyed some grownup time, and have the weekend in front of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment