Thursday, January 2, 2020

January 2

Back to normal life after so many weeks.  It wasn't too bad though.  I didn't have to go get the girls until around lunch time.  I walked over there, and we had a good time walking back even though it was around 40 and drizzling.  They found several new rocks to fill my pockets and ran up and down Queen Kitty Hill a few times.








 We brought the science experiment kit back to do some experiments, and they were a little underwhelmed at the first one.  It was mixing 5 mL of water with 10 mL of oil and shaking it all together.  Once it settled and rested, the water sank to the bottom, but I got blank stares when I mentioned it.  "Oh, okay.  Great.  When can we make the volcano?"


Vowing to save the volcano until we've at least done some simple experiments with baking soda and vinegar, I decided to let them play with the components with plain water with food coloring in it.  Amazingly, that satisfied them for well over 30 minutes - just squeezing the water out of one container and putting it into another.  Whatever ...

The rest of the afternoon I fought off sleep and pulled out the clay.  They do love that, and we made some basic shapes, and they were happy.  A snack, going in and checking on the new kitty, talking with Aunt CeCe, and reading a book or two passed the afternoon quite nicely.  Now I'm still fighting sleep but don't have to fight very hard.

Tomorrow I'm hoping for a playdate for the girls with two other sisters for the morning while I go over and work on sorting and folding some laundry.  I always do better in the mornings.

Bowie, the beautiful shy kitty, is now coming out of the closet some.  He's not a bit afraid of Layla.  It's just humans he doesn't trust.  I found him in the sewing room with her, and they stayed in there a couple of hours just sleeping and hanging out.  I got out the laser for them, and they played separately but near each other.  It makes me to happy to see Bowie jump and play a little bit.  I was worried about him.  He may still be a mental case, but physically he's eating a lot and seemingly interested in what goes on around him.






I can't find anything else interesting that happened today.  I have food and a warm place to sleep, and I can't think of a thing I need right now.  Maybe a little energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment