Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Snow and First Book Read in 2020


I finally saw some snowflake icons on my phone weather map that goes for just 8 days.  So 70% chance on Thursday and 79% and 64% on Sunday and Monday, down to 36% on Tuesday.   But then weather.com has a longer outlook with lots of days with snow/rain, starting tomorrow.  So show showers just at the time I take the girls to school.  I'll keep my options open for Ryan to drive, but it's probably not going to stick.  That low of 12 and high of 23 on the weekend is what bothers me.  At least it's on the weekend where nothing is expected of me!  Everyone seems excited about it but not too optimistic this week.  It's the following week that people are watching.


Today was rain all day, and I had nowhere to go, so I took advantage of it and crawled under the comforter for a 2-hour nap.  I don't mind getting old that much!

I finished my only book I had at home and don't have another one.  This one was Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple.   Link is Amazon Review.



I liked it well enough when I first started it, so well that I texted Emily she had to read it.  I was afraid it was going to be silly, and I can't stand books that try too hard to be funny.  It was really good though, quirky and funny with lots of PNW references that I could identify with.  Semple is a Seattle native.  But then it got a little bogged down and unrealistic, and it wasn't such easy reading.  By the end, I was hoping for a happy ending but wanting it to just end.  I'm going to try her other book, This One is Mine.  And I just noticed that there is a movie about Bernadette.  Who knew?  Cate Blanchette and Kristen Wiig.  It already looks better than the book.  Here's the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment