Friday, January 3, 2020

January 3

The day didn't start out like I had anticipated, but it turned out better than I could have planned.

I went to bed early last night and was awakened at 8:43 by truck noises and voices.  This place is usually really quiet, especally at night, and it was a little alarming.  I peeked out the window and there were a couple of Two Men and a Truck vehicles idling right under my windows.  Four Men and Two Trucks and sounded like more than four.  They did a lot of yelling back and forth to get situated, but once they did, I didn't hear much out of them, and they were gone this morning.  We're getting a new landing neighbor, Jamie, whom I've met once, and it may have been her things.  Nice friendly girl to take the place of the mystery man who has finally moved out.  I'll miss wondering what went on over there.

We were to entertain two sisters at the Steller house this morning - Harper was in Graysen's kindergarten class, and Ellis was in preschool with Katherine.  We had a few playdates this summer but haven't seen them since school started, other than briefly at school.  Their nanny, Jadyn, suggested we go to Kidz Bounce up the road apiece and let them get their fidgets out.  I was really looking forward to catching up on Emily's laundry and having the girls play by themselves and not tackling that scary new interstate entry.

But I decided that was the best plan, and no one volunteered to drive me, so I did it.  It takes about 5 minutes up the interstate and about 15 the "back way" but I was a little worried about all the rain and mud slides and trees down because it's a winding road with lots of trucks on it.  I would have been fine, but I decided to just try to conquer some of my driving anxiety.

The new ramp is metered during some busy hours, but at 10:00, it was easy as could be.

I'm the turquoise lane, and I wasn't sure what to do about the cars in the green lane, but there weren't any, so it worked out fine.

new I-90 ramp near snoqualmie map

As soon as we turned right, Graysen said, "Mimi's going on the interstate.  We're going fast!"  Just what I needed to hear!  If 71 is fast, then we went fast.  I didn't want to get run over.  There are just so many cars and trucks all the time, all going faster than I want to go.  Luckily, I just had to go up one exit, and I even came home by the interstate with no trouble at all.  I'm not sure what all this anxiety is about.  Maybe being responsible for children.  Maybe age.  Some of it is the volume of traffic and our exit having a lot of wrecks.

Anyway, I delivered safe and sound.

I had my coffee, and Jadyn and I had a great time.  She's probably young enough to be my grandaughter, but we met last year at school pickup and just enjoy talking.  She has a 9-month-old that her husband brought by later, and we enjoyed just laughing at the girls and catching up.

No great pictures, as usual, just 3 hours of constant running and jumping.




 Katherine enjoyed spending some time with little Sawyer.  Such a happy baby.








Sweet sisters, Harper and Ellis, and Jadyn's brother Andrew who was the hit of the morning, chasing after the girls and hitting them with balls.  He's stationed in Charleston, SC, and we had a little bit in common to talk about.



We were the first ones there, but eventually BOYS came, and they were constantly chasing after and bothering the girls.  Once Graysen came over to me and said, "No matter what we do to them, it never hurts them."

We went to the library, came home, ate lunch, and dove into our new books.


The girls loves those little milk cartons.  The label says Horizon Organic Low-Fat Milk, and today Katherine asked if she could have one of those little fat milks.  It took me a minute.

I'd love to stay up later, because it's the WEEKEND, but I just can't.  I'll probably be fully awake by midnight if I go to sleep now, but so be it.  I feel like I'm the one who bounced for 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment