Thursday, January 16, 2020

Almost back to normal

We do have a little sunshine today.


And the hummngbirds have food if they haven't given up on me.


My car now has a Mohawk, even though Graysen sees a French poodle.

From this:

22

To this:


For an old Southern car, it sure has been a trooper.  Better than I have, for sure.  I almost hate to replace it, but I guess I'd better.

Yesterday was hard for all of us - getting to work (Emily and Elise), getting Graysen to and from school, entertaining Katherine all day, shoveling behind my car (Ryan) and clearing the windshield and windows (Elise).  She never did get around to unlocking it and starting it, but I have nowhere to go anyway.

And the wind was fierce. I think it got up to 50 mph before it calmed down.  There wasn't any snow, but the wind kept a blizzard going all day, blowing snow off all the roofs and cars and blowing things away.

School had a 2-hour late start, and Graysen went, but Katherine just stayed home.  Pickup time was terrible, according to FB reports and Ryan's experience, and so many people complained that today the late start was change to a full snow day.  I think a late start would have been fine, but I know some streets are still icy, and the sidewalks are too.

I watched my new neighbor Jamie's garbage cans from my sewing room window off and on all day and was surprised it stayed pretty much intact.




When she got home, Ryan and Elise were working outside, and they helped her get the cans in the garage and be able to park.  Lots of laughing going on.

Elise needed to pick up something at the drug store, so Ryan drove her, and while they were there, he was able to dig someone out in the parking lot that had gotten stuck.

My contribution to all this was watching the girls and worrying, and I did overtime on the worrying part.

I worked a little bit on my spice jars.  Already looking better.  The majority of spices start with a C, it seems.


This type is going to be impossible, so hopefully I don't have many of those.  Cream of tarter is used almost never anyway.


Beautiful picture of Timber, a friend's dog.


Meanwhile, we're having school only for the dolls this morning.





8

Graysen gives the students a problem and then whispers the answer to Katherine (Miss Kim, the teacher's helper).  Miss Kim then checks all the answers and calls them out.  Now the teacher is reading them a book.

We put 6 activities on pieces of paper into a box and have drawn out 2, making a fort and playing school, and still have Old Maid and Go Fish, reading library books, painting (maybe), and doing ABC Mouse - the one activity they're really waiting for!  We'll fit lunch in there in a bit and call it a good day.



No comments:

Post a Comment