Thursday, November 17, 2022

Week Before Thanksgiving

 I didn't even realize Thanksgiving was coming up next week until we got the girls' schedule from the school.  They are out only two whole days, the Thursday and Friday of Thanksgiving and, of course, Saturday and Sunday.  Starting tomorrow, they will go from 9:00 until 12:15 the next four days.  That's not bad.  The afternoons after school are so short, and they're always having to run off somewhere - soccer, ice-skating, etc, so it will be good to come home and relax.  

We have one more book to go in the Clementine series by Sara Pennypacker.  Graysen is now old enough to start the Babysitter's Club, and she's really excited about that.  If Emily doesn't get her a bunch of them for Christmas, we need to start putting some on hold for the holidays.  They have a lot of Christmas books already, but I like to get them a new special one every year.  

I found their ornament for 2022 at Target online and quickly ordered them.  Katherine's was a no-brainer, if quite silly compared to her other tasteful and original gifts through the years, but it's here, and we knew she would flip out over anything with cats.  What is more Christmas-y than a cat nutcracker.


I was disappointed they didn't offer any other cute animals Graysen would be interested in, like hedgehogs or woodland creatures.  There is a penguin that I think she'll like.

I've stayed up too late finding these images and downloading and cropping them.  Emily is also texting me and receiving texts about various Christmas gifts each one is responsible for.  We love loading them down with books and crafty things and games, and they had probably rather have their own phone and video games.  That day will come, I'm sure, but right now we can control it, and they'll get those books and games and love them!

Carly and Katherine came in after school and immediately started crafting.  I didn't pay much attention to what they were doing.  They pretty much know where all the craft supplies are, so I let them have their fun.  They amazed me at the cute little hearts they made for their friends.





She had a collision with some piece of play equipment on the "optical" (obstacle) course and had to have three Band-Aids on her shin.


They didn't even bother to move the placemats out of the way.


I think Carly already had hers in the envelope they created.



Lots of cat faces all over the envelopes.  All you really have to do it give them a pile of odds and ends and stickers and markers, and they'll do the rest.  I've had those wooden hearts in my craft area for years and never used them, but they became gifts for friends this afternoon.

So it's really too cold to enjoy being outside, but i did sweep the porch and try to neaten up a little.  The wind is howling at night and in the early mornings  I think I would have been one of those prairie women who went crazy after listening to it day after day.   

I moved the little cabbages into the pot with my tiny little tree.  I guess I should put some lights and ornaments on it this year.  It would have only about 5 ornaments.  



I've requested a sleepover on one of these school days off, so that should be fun.  It's been a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment