Monday, November 14, 2022

Snuggly Weekend

 I don't usually have the girls on the weekends.  They usually have a lot planned, and I like a couple of days all my own.  Graysen had a soccer game, the last one of the year, early Saturday morning, and Katherine didn't want to go, so I agreed to keep her.  Then Graysen came in unhappy that they didn't get first place and needed some hugs and snuggling, and who doesn't enjoy that?  Emily had plenty of stuff to do around her house, so they ended up staying pretty much all day.

I can't even remember what we did.  We read several chapters of one of the American Girl doll books that I inherited from someone.  It was quite good.  Then they wanted to play school.  I was the willing troublemaker in the back of the room that they pretend to get exasperated with:  Nutmeg.  Katherine was the new girl from Japan who didn't speak English, so they kept yelling at the Duo, "Hey, Google, what's good-bye in Japanese?"  Or what's I don't speak English?  

At some point, they wandered off and got involved in something behind the couch, so I was able to catch a quick nap.  Everyone was a winner!  

I took almost no pictures.  Katherine was all in cat attire, and I learned (from Google) how to tell the difference between leopard spots and cheetah spots.  


The cats weren't quite sure if she was their girl or a new cat, but they didn't seem worried about it.



I worked a little bit on the garage after they left.  Ryan took down some boxes for me to label and replace. I think I've downsized about as much as I'm going to at this point.  

I wish I would get interested in sewing again, so I'll save all my stuff I've collected, but I just am not right now.  

The Auburn-Texas A&M game came on at 4:30 p.m. here, and I checked the score a few times.  It looked like neither team was running away with it, but AU was ahead when I checked.  I was extra tired around 7:30 and just went to sleep then, waking up about midnight and not knowing what day it was.  I thought I remembered that Auburn lost the game 30-24, but that was another game, and we did win 13-10.  I don't really even know who the players are lately or watch any football, just checking on the score sometimes like it really matters.  

I stayed up for several hours in the middle of the night and enjoyed listening to an audio book and working a little more in the garage.  It's so cold it was hard to stay out there.

Sunday I did nothing until Noreen invited me over around 2:00 for a visit.  I ended up staying until nearly 5:00 and enjoyed it so much.  We are able to laugh at ourselves and each other and needed to catch up with the Echo Ridge news - who's moving in and who's moving out.  Glad it's not us!  I feel really lucky to have a nice roomy little place of my own with a good friend next door.  I'm sure I won't enjoy this winter that much, but it's just something to get through and complain about.  It's nice to have a fireplace and good-smelling candles and cats and grandchildren.  

Emily texted last night that Katherine fell off her desk chair and hurt her poor mouth again.  I got the close-up picture, but I won't post it here.  It's painful to look.  It looks like there's a cut right over one of her new front teeth.  I think it looks better this morning with the swelling down, and we're hoping the tooth is not damaged.  

I ended up discussing that and talking about a few Christmas gifts with Emily, and that was the end of a nice weekend.

It's Monday morning and cold.  Since I woke up at 3:27 a.m., I'll be settling down for a nice nap by the fire when I finish this.  As long as I'm awake by 3:30 to pick up the girls, I have nothing else to do all day.  Pretty boring entries here, but I'm glad it's boring.  If anything exciting happens, I'll come back and mention it.

No comments:

Post a Comment