Saturday, November 5, 2022

Hibernation Time

 My procrastination has made me pay this week.  On the nicer days, I refused to go to the grocery store and library and to get my hair cut.  I had to get groceries yesterday and ventured out in light rain and high winds.


It really wasn't too bad though.  I was planning to drive to North Bend because the Snoqualmie Safeway seems to never have any cat food the cats like, but once I saw and felt that wind, I decided to stay closer home.  Less chance of a tree falling on me.

It was nice and cheerful inside, and therefore I was surprised to come out and find icy rain and puddles over my shoes in places.  My hood kept blowing off, and I made the mistake of getting several bags of groceries and some heavy things (like cat litter and Soleil).  I was doing a lot of muttering to myself and then had to do it all again when I got home.  Elise has done a great job of cleaning her stuff out of the garage, but I still have to get rid of a few more things before I can park inside the garage.  It sure does look narrow.

Now this morning there was hail already and constant rain, so I don't even want to go to the mailbox and certainly am not going to the library or to get my hair cut.  It's just too cozy with a fire in the fireplace and two sleeping cats.


Layla doesn't like the heat as much as 
Bowie.  It makes her want to attack him and start a slow-motion tussle.  

I probably won't see the girls this weekend.  They have plenty to do at home and play so well by themselves that Emily is getting things done this morning.  She's ordering teacher gifts early - amaryllis bulbs - and getting Nutcracker outfits ready ahead of time.  


I hope one is for me!  I've been trying to keep Graysen from missing too much math during her sick days, so that makes me a teacher of sorts.  

And this reminds me I'd better figure out how to over-winter my ferns and last year's amaryllis and a few other plants from the front porch.  I hate procrastinating but do it anyway.


I've mainly sat here and worked on getting my new computer the way I want it.  Or closer, anyway.  The font on Windows 11 was so pale against a white background and so tiny that I had to enlarge it every time I opened a window and then squint.  So I explored and am trying this black background with white lettering and a bigger font.  It's wonderful.  Not pretty, so I might tweak it a little more, but it sure does cut down on the eye strain.   It shows a gray here, but it is a crisp black and white in real life!


I'm seeing just the hint of some sunshine coming in the dining room window, so I guess I'll go to the mailbox while I can.  It's about to get real, but I don't see the threat of snow flurries on Tuesday like before.





No comments:

Post a Comment