Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Good Tuesday

 I worked so hard around the house yesterday that I was exhausted at bedtime.  With Elise moving, I'm sorting and re-positioning things that had been moved to make room for her stuff.

It doesn't take much to excite me, but I was so happy with one of my discoveries.  I pulled down a Christmas gift bag from the shelves in the garage and found it was full of other Christmas bags, which was nice enough on its own.  But I noticed there were some books in there too.  Not Christmas books, but children's books - the ones that we had lost in April or May.  Emily and I both had the stack of books in our hands and in one of the cars (we thought), but they never made it to the library.  I ended up paying $75 for those books and have been mad about it ever since!  Now I'll get a refund on them just in time for Christmas, so it was a great discovery.  

I have a good bit of room on the shelves Ryan put up for me.  I'm sure it won't take long to fill them up.  Elise will probably bring back her box of china from Grandma Ray and other things from Grandma Windham that she's not ready for yet.  Ryan and Emily may want to store some things too, but I'm not going to let it get filled up this time.  It's easy to do!  

Things against the wall either have to go or be hung on  the walls.


Ryan did a great job on these shelves, and I'm not sure what I'd do without them.  It needs a little work!


It's a nice cool day, not cold at all, but we're about to have some nights in the 20s, so I'm trying to enjoy it.  The girls have ice-skating in about 30 minutes, so that will be pretty chilly.  I really don't like driving after dark, so this won't be fun for me.

The cabinets for Steller Way were delivered today, so Ryan has his hands full getting those sorted out and ready to be built.  It's what they've been waiting for, so maybe that will be one more thing to finish this year.  He moved the fireplace from the corner to - really nowhere yet - but centered on the den wall when it's finished.  I wish that could be ready this winter.  

I got my ballot in.  The drop-off box is in front of the library, so I was able to get two things done at once.  Then in the grocery store where I had only two things to buy, I ran into my friend Phil, the former leasing manager at the apartments.  He and Marie lived across the landing from us, and I was sad to see them move on to another job and a place a little farther away.  It seems I run into them in Safeway when I do see them, and he always has questions about how we're all doing.  I'm glad he spoke first, because he has a beard, and I'm not sure I would have recognized him.  

Garbage and recycling have all been picked up, three packages for Christmas stockings have been delivered, and I'm on the way to having a clean house.  I even have plans for getting rid of two pieces of remaining furniture in my garage.  Things I hate to let go but things I know will never fit in my small place, either by size or by style.  

I ended the day getting the girl to the ice rink for their lessons and then driving home.  I had Emily pick them up because of the lights and pedestrians.  I'm afraid of running over someone! Guess it's time for an eye exam.

It was a nice day overall.  Tomorrow we have nothing planned after school.  We have to get home and tackle the homework.  I dread these next few cold nights.  There's snow on the mountains, but we aren't expecting any.

No comments:

Post a Comment