Thursday, October 22, 2020

Second Debate

 Well!  Much more civilized although still full of much lying and name-calling and mean-spiritedness.  

I'm not a cheerleader for Biden, but I would like to have some decency and stability in the highest office in our land and not hate-filled tweets all day long.  How can a person do this job when there is that much TV watching and tweeting.  I would like a leader who inspires confidence and not one who is just a clown and says outrageous things or one who deliberately lies multiple times a day.  And especially one who tries to incite fear and anger among his followers.  

I think it's true that politicians promise much and deliver little and that neither candidate will be doing exactly what they say.  I feel sure that Biden would not spend his time trying to dig up dirt on anyone or bribing other countries.  I feel like he would try to get qualified people behind him and not just his cronies and those who contributed the most to his campaign, like Trump did.  I hope that Biden would be able to work across party lines.  It's proven that Trump will not even try and will seek to punish those who don't give him allegiance.  

I don't know about the pandemic.  I know there is no quick fix, but it would help to have everyone on the same page and not warring with each other.  We all want it to be over with, but we are all going to have to make a bunch more sacrifices before it's over, I'm afraid.  

I'm sad every day about the children not being in school, not being able to hold them and hug them.  I feel sad about the ones who have lost their jobs and are struggling financially.  My heart breaks for the migrant children who are separated from their parents.  If I let myself get started, I can spend hours just being sad for the whole world!  I do too much of that.  

Emily told me to listen to the Happiness Lab podcast instead of Lonesome Dove tomorrow, that it will help my feelings a little bit.  I'm going to try it.  I'm a little tired of hearing about Lori Darlin' being kidnapped by Blue Duck and snakes in rivers and heat.  Just exhausted!

Ryan didn't need his "Will You Shut Up, Man" shirt as much tonight, but he's been getting a lot of compliments on it.  


I'm going out in the morning to drive somewhere.  Again, Emily's orders.  She says there is snow on the mountains and amazingly beautiful leaves, and it will make me feel better.  I'm going to see my babies this weekend somehow, some way.  We're all taking really good precautions from the outside, so we'll see.  

Just as I finished typing, I heard a crash in the apartment, a loud one sounding like it involved glass or metal and lots of it.  It's just the cats and me.  I was reluctant to even get up to check.  I saw Layla running out of Elise's bathroom so checked there first.  Not one thing out of place.  Next the kitchen and nothing there.  Not the plates on the hutch.  Not the plants in the living room or in Elise's room.  I was in my room so I knew that was okay.   How can something that loud not make a mess?  There's a small chance it could be from an apartment next door, but it sounded really close!

This is my view down the hall from my bedroom chair.  I know it was her, and she knows I know.  Just can't find proof.


She's trying to distract me by pointing out the holiday cactus blooms.







    +*

No comments:

Post a Comment