Monday, October 12, 2020

Little Break

I feel like my life is one big break lately, but I took a break from writing or doing much of anything.

What I am doing is going through my emails and deleting and saving and just mainly remembering.  It's hard, I have to admit.  But I have bunches and bunches of emails that I just sent to myself with pictures to unload to the blog - before I could use Google Photos, so those were easy to get rid of.

I did save a lot of conversations with people I love.  I guess they'll live on the cloud a while.  I sent a LOT of emails to Emily with pictures I wasn't sure she had or sentimental emails or funny conversations.  

I didn't resend it, but I see that I once sent Emily 6 pictures of a suturing in progress, and it was mine.   She was in PT school and was probably more likely to want to see gross medical stuff, but it shocked me to see them, so I'll be deleting those.  I stabbed myself with my sewing scissors because they were in a cloth bag on the front seat of my car.  I was running late or frantic or something, because I reached across the seat - hard - to grab my keys and stabbed my lower arm.  It didn't hurt soo much, but I looked in the mirror and saw that it was bad. 

 I just went ahead and drove myself down the road to a Pri-Med or whatever it was called, because Mike was in Texas, and Mama wasn't driving.  I didn't even tell her until it was over.  I must have had a tolerant suturer - I think it was a young guy - because he probably took the pictures.  I don't believe I did because I'm not bad to look at gross things, especially when they are happening to me, and that angle would have been impossible, being on the underside of my forearm.

I did send these though.  Emily and her grandmother sharing recipes.  I would love to know which recipe she's copying so seriously.  Tutti-Frutti Oblongs, Bourbon Balls?  Those were some of Mama's favorite Christmas treats, and we still talk about them - how Mike would keep pretending he liked them just to hear her talk about them and say, "Tutti-Frutti Oblongs."  The bourbon balls, she depended on Mike to bring her little bottles of bourbon when the airlines gave them out, and she had her mini liquor cabinet on the top shelf of the baking cabinet.  


No telling about this one, but they usually had their heads together about something.  I can't figure out the black object in the right foreground.  Maybe a big suitcase?


My in-laws with Emily and Mike.  Such a sweet picture.  




I have so many more sweet memories to record, but I have the maintenance man coming today and have to go downstairs to get stuffing for these:




I stuffed two baby kittens and half of one mama cat before I ran out.  

I had sewed all the pieces together and was ready to clip and turn and stuff when Emily texted and asked if I was watching the Seahawks game.

The girls were in the hot tub, and Ryan had moved Emily's swing chair closer to the house so she could keep an eye on them while watching the game.



I told her I would go watch it and gathered up my stuff.  When I turned on the TV, I was so disappointed.  It was 4th quarter with only seconds to go, 4th and 10 with the Seahawks behind.  Well, that was not what I expected.  From a distance without my glasses, the score seemed to be Vikings 28 and Seahawks 21.  I watched the quarterback throw a pass into the end zone and a remarkable catch made by the receiver.  So that was excellent!

Then I saw that they were going for 2.  What?  Why?  And it was no good!  I thought the score was 28 to 27, but Seattle was running around like crazy and celebrating.  I finally got up and peered closer at the TV and saw the final score was 26 to 27 - not 28 to 27.  

So that was my football watching for the weekend.  One play - but an important one!  I don't get ESPN so didn't watch the AU game on Saturday but saw that we won on a field goal.  It doesn't' sound like one I would have enjoyed!

Maybe some interesting things will happen this week - GOOD interesting things.  The weekend had enough rain and wind to make even me happy, and I didn't get out at all.

This is Bowie listening to the wind and seeing little flickers of the trees blowing.  He's finally sleeping on my bed and letting me pet him some.  It's taken nearly a year, but it's worth it to see his sweet eyes and hear him purring.





No comments:

Post a Comment