Thursday, July 30, 2020

Sunset Knitting

This is where I usually am first thing every morning drinking coffee and planning my day and last thing before getting ready for the night.  My happy place.


A beautiful hummingbird let me know there was no more food in the feeder this morning.  A bonus was that it flew so close to my face I could see the bright red throat.  What an amazing creation.


A friend and I were talking this morning about how we have no idea exactly what happens after you lose someone, but we just make up our own things that comfort us.  Mike loved the hummingbirds here and spent hours getting just the right photograph, so when I see one, that's my way of remembering happier times and communicating with him.  

August and September are the hardest months.

But we do go on somehow and make new memories and still remember the old ones.

Four years ago he was sneaking into Dr. Kaplan's computer while he waited for him. 


Checking out his books.


And just clowning around.


We just learned that Dr. Kaplan is retiring.  What a wonderful career he had, such a wonderful and caring man.  I hope he gets to do some fun things now.  






No comments:

Post a Comment