Monday, July 6, 2020

Monday is for New Starts

I'm feeling productive today.

I got my taxes delivered to Ryan who scanned them and sent them to his sister-in-law who is kind enough to worry with doing mine as well as theirs.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute - even with the 3-month extension. 

I walked over to deliver them and had a brief meeting with the girls - too brief - but better than nothing.  It's finally short sleeves weather, and I enjoyed the walk.

Sunshine right outside my door.


Elise and I took another walk after lunch and then went and got some iced coffee.



I don't know what this is.  It looks a lot like dogwood but is more of a vine.


One of my favorite blogs to read is The Old-Fashioned Baby Sewing Room where I've learned so much and feasted my eyes on Jeannie's beautiful creations.  She challenged herself to sew for a small amount of time for 7 days, and the result was this amazing daygown. sewn from her own pattern, Baby's First Daygowns.  


She and her sister also have a Just Stitch Challenge going with quilt blocks, and I'm going to join right in and challenge myself to sew for 30 minutes a day - or at least do the preparation in my case for finishing the girls' quilts.   

My first day is going to be squaring up the corners and getting it ready for the first border.  Somehow that just intimidates me because I have a lot of trimming and possible redoing before I can get those sides straight.  Nothing like the present for tackling it head-on though.

There are too many edges like this.



Monday is another good day for starting the 14-day challenge for keeping my lines bright on the Bright Line Eating program.  No sugar.  No flour.  Three meals a day.  weigh everything.  I've slipped a little and not kept up with what was so successful for me this last year.  With 55 pounds gone, I'm going to go back to what worked for me and "rezoom" and work on 30 more.

First day under my belt and lines bright so far.  I need to get back in the habit of meditating and planning my meals the day before.  

Pretty picture from yesterday.




No comments:

Post a Comment