Thursday, July 16, 2020

Just Tuesday

Or maybe just Wednesday and Thursday?  I don't even know what day it is today.  

I'm still slow and not getting much done except exactly what I want to do. 

Tomorrow I'll take over a picnic to enjoy with the girls in their yard.  I think it's going to rain Friday, and we have to stay outside, so tomorrow it is.  We'll do a video call, so I can find out what they want.  They haven't had corn dogs in a long time from Scott's Dairy Freeze, but I think half the fun in that is going and eating on the little red picnic tables.  If I had 2 car seats, we could do that, but I only have one.  They like lemonade, corn dogs and fries, but there's no cheap toy, so we'll see.

I took a very short walk today.  I found some celery and carrots that were getting old, so I took the deer and rabbits a treat in their area.  I don't even know if they like celery. 


It was 72 when I walked, and I really enjoy this temperature for walking.  We're getting into the 80s tomorrow.  I tried sitting on the deck for a while, but that little breeze was too chilly in the shade.  

Among other things, I made a list of books I've read or listened to this year.  I probably forgot to write some down.  The audio ones on the right are just about to equal the paper ones.  I'll finally get to take our books back to the book drop tomorrow.  I've had them since March.


Jane Eyre is a book that I've always heard about, but I don't remember reading it.  I'm listening to it now, and it's so long - 19 hours of listening.  Probably longer than that because I've gone to sleep with it playing several nights and have had to go back and find my place.  It does go on and is pretty tedious, but I have enjoyed the story.  The Other Bennett Sister is one I enjoyed a lot more.

All that listening time gives me time to knit.  I've finally found a good size for the dish cloths, I think, casting on 45 stitches instead of 53.  Makes a big difference.






I still have to weave in the ends, my least favorite thing.  It truly doesn't matter if you mess up the pattern, which I did a couple of times.  

I have done a little bit more on the quilt this week, but I'm not at a fun place.  I'm just taking out stitches in places where the corners don't quite meet and squaring up.  

I love passing by the Hub and seeing whatever pictures are on there.  


Sweet Baby Gray on one of her first hikes quite a few years ago.


It takes a long time for these hydrangeas to bloom, but they'll be here in various colors through August and into September when they turn dark purple and then almost brown.


The girls are enjoying all that grass.  I'm going to enjoy it tomorrow too. 


Adding our Thursday lunch.  We ate, talked, played Memory and Crazy Eights, and then read a really interesting book about Brazil.  It was one of what looks like a several-book collection of Geronimo Stilton, a mouse journalist.

This one refuses to wear a mask when she can get away with it.  It seems like my main words to her are always, "Put on your mask.  Put on your mask.  Back up some.  No sitting in my lap."    She says she only wants to cuddle, and don't we all?










No comments:

Post a Comment