Friday, July 31, 2020

Just Thursday

Did nothing and yet got a little accomplished.

Measured and squared up one of the girls' quilts and got it ready for the first border.



Played Mah-Jong.  I didn't actually see anyone, but we messaged.  I didn't win a game, but playing against the computer tonight, I won two.  Guess my competition this morning was better than the computer's tonight.

Not a pretty sunset but fireworks on the screen when I won a game.




The lizwin name happened last time I played.  I had to choose a name quickly, and I was on Elise's computer, so I just used her user name that I saw on the screen.  I like it better than beckwin.

Ryan came over and brought cat litter to put in the garage and the cat tower that Luna is finished with, I guess.  Our cats are gradually sniffing around it and climbing up on it.  It gives them a perfect view of the sidewalk below, so they should love it.

Or maybe not.



I sent him home with my overgrown tomato plant to put in the garden so it can stretch it's roots and a dead vacuum cleaner to take to the dump the next time he goes.  I'm enjoying my new one, of course.  What's NOT to like about a new vacuum cleaner?

I brought up the window fan and have it going in the living room window, but it's cooler on the balcony, so that's where I'll hang out until time for bed.   It's not pretty, but I guess it helps a little.  Elise says it doesn't, but I'm okay with it.


It's really not that bad if you don't get out in the late afternoon.  I think 85 was as high as it got, and that's going to be the highest of the week with maybe a little shower or two.  I'd love to have some late-afternoon thunderstorms, but you can't have everything!

I didn't get to see the girls in person today, but we did talk by video, and then I got pictures of their new school supplies.   New lunch boxes for both and new backpack for Katherine.  Sooooo exciting and yet so sad.  All ready for school and - no school.  Probably. We'll have to pack them up a few times and just walk to the school and back - just because we were so looking forward to it.  No one knows exactly how it's going to work.

Maybe I'm not looking closely enough, but I don't see one unicorn or glittery thing or even a cat.  This girl is taking school seriously, even if it is dining-room-table school.


They seem to have chosen the constellation theme this year.  Graysen still is going to use her pink princess backpack but got a new lunchbox.


Big backpack and long name for such a little girl.


I just saw this in passing on the Hub.

This is what I'm talking about.  Cool September mornings with all those crunchy leaves and excited little girls.  Praying for it to happen again.


Anyway, I'll take them lunch tomorrow, as usual on Fridays.  They'll order in the morning, and I'll pick up.  90% chance of McDonald's!

You never know what will show up in the photos.  This made me laugh.



And I got my voting packet ready.



Contrary to a rumor I read today, sending in 2 or 10 or 20 ballots in your name doesn't matter.  Only one counts.  One.  Such a hard concept.  There will be some that slip through the cracks, probably, but there are mistakes with in-person voting too - like closing polls early or making it hard for certain people to vote.  It's also illegal to even send in more than one ballot.  You have to trust that there is not a big conspiracy on one side or the other.  Maybe both sides, and then they would cancel each other out.  So silly.

I love the ease of the mail-in ballot myself.  I usually just drop it in the box up the street though.

Saw this article from a PA article:
"You can only return one ballot per voter. If somebody would try to sneak in an extra ballot on the system, it will be rejected," Voye said.
That's because each voter has a unique bar code that is on the envelope of the ballot.
When completed ballots are returned to the office, they are scanned. If another ballot was returned from that same voter, it would show as a duplicate vote when scanned and would be rejected by the system. Staff would mark the ballot as rejected. Those ballots are kept but are not sent to the warehouse to be counted or opened.

Loving my night with the black velvet sky and cool breeze,texting with Emily and laughing over crazy things.  Like the guy from Florida who bought a Porsche with a check he printed on his computer.  And the car dealer took it.  Trying to buy the Rolex watches was his downfall. 

And Susan and her cat family hanging out across the alley!  Henry, Carl, and Delores.


Just thankful for another beautiful day and hope for tomorrow.













No comments:

Post a Comment