Monday, July 22, 2019

Yesterday Morning

After all the confusion with the newspaper delivery and the suspicion that I'm not very popular with the Seattle Times subscription people, I opened my door yesterday morning to this.


Layla usually likes to find a good spot of sunshine to enjoy.


But it would be too predictable to go lie in it.


And here we are.  In my little happy spot.  My favorite cup.  Sunshine.  A newspaper I didn't have to go search for.


And this interesting question.  I live too close to the library to ever go past a day or so late with a book and that rarely, but if it brings more people in to read, it seems like a good idea.


After a leisurely half hour or so of reading, I decided to make these lovely no-sugar, no-wheat waffles that I've come to love.  I usually limit them to weekends, and this time Elise showed an interest in making them.  We had such a fun time doing it together and weighing things and discussing the whys and hows.

She decided to add 1/2 oz of walnuts to hers instead of an egg for her extra protein.  Yummm.



When Elise and Emily were little, I made them a cross-stitch tooth fairy on a little pillow with a pocket to put their pulled teeth in.  I feel like it's somewhere in the saved junk in the basement, but I don't want to look for it, so I looked online for something for Graysen to put her tooth in when it falls out.  

Most of them were a little creepy with teeth with faces and costumes, and I just didn't see anything that appealed to me. 
Image result for tooth fairy pillow tutorial

Image result for tooth fairy pillow tutorial 

I did find this tutorial and decided to tweak it a little.

I first traced a tooth pattern and then made it a little smaller.



I'm going to look downstairs for some white fleece or maybe just use white felt.

I picked out these pink fabrics and may use the satiny one for a pocket.  If that doesn't work out, the tooth itself will become the pocket.  I'll put some ribbon and bows for hanging it on the door, and that should serve both girls for a long time.  What are the chances of them both losing teeth on the same day?



I took the girls to Fairy Tales and Magic Dance at 9:30 this morning.  I tried to cut and paste a description of it, but it wiped out the rest of the blog, so I'll have to redo it.

The girls had on their hair bows and tutus and looked so cute.  They were a little shy and nervous because of it being the first day, but this year it looks like only 6 little girls in the class and no other class going on at the same time.  The other little girls looked shy too, but I bet they'll be friends by the time I pick them up.  I think there was one more sister set, because there were two little girls holding on to each other.  Sweet.

Here's that description.  Let's see if it works now.

Fairy Tales and Magic Dance

Let your imagination soar as you twirl to classical ballet fairy tales. Students are taught basic ballet steps, and learn to tell the tale through dance. Students create and take home their own magical crafts. We will read stories such as Cinderella and Sleeping beauty and learn dances that will make each dancer feel like a princess!

They have another week scheduled in August, and they'll be old hands at it by then, just like swimming.  

I didn't get to walk while they were there because the maintenance man was coming by to fix some things.  I had three broken things, but two of them healed themselves before he got here.  The overhead kitchen light had been flickering for two days, but when he turned it on, naturally it was as good as new.  He did go ahead and replace the bulb though and replace the microwave one, which we were really missing.  The outlet near the dining table that didn't work last week worked perfectly today.  He did check it with his electrical thingy.  Why do things like that happen?


It's time to go pick up the little dancers and see how their morning went.  I know mine was excellent.




No comments:

Post a Comment