Wednesday, July 10, 2019

The week so far




 Just posting what's in my camera to remember what we did this week.  We went to Fall City to story time yesterday morning.  Graysen has some anxiety about social situations lately, and therefore Katherine does.  I pretty much insisted we go ahead and do this and leave if it was uncomfortable.   They ended up really enjoying several books about the moon and how it changes shape, and they were yelling out comments and answers before too long.


We can never leave the library without at least one book.  I'm just as bad as they are, but I think we're going to have to take some back before long or get overwhelmed.  Katherine takes it so personally and doesn't want to "give our books away."

They're doing great on cleaning their room and playroom and getting dressed in the mornings.  Sometimes it takes most of the morning, but they're focusing better and having fun.


There's my little fuschia that made it through the winter.  I'm glad I didn't buy a bunch of plants this year and am enjoying the simplicity of the geranium and fuschia and the pot of herbs.



These hummingbirds are not afraid to drink while I'm sitting out there, even with the cat.  One of them flew up to me and stared at me, flapping his wings, until I could have touched it.
\


Layla taking a break from knocking down my thread to enjoy an empty cube in the fabric bin.


Elise had looked at a box of blueberry muffin mix for about as long as she could stand it, so she and the girls decided they needed to make them.


I guess they were good, because they disappeared quickly, except for the 6 that went home to Steller Way.


In our slow quest for learning Spanish, we found a few books written in English and Spanish, and this was about a little Guatemalan girl who wanted to learn to weave like her mother and grandmother and all the other women in their village.


This reminded us of the three beautiful woven pieces of fabric Dina and Gaby brought us a couple of years ago.  The top one I like to put on the dining table sometimes.  I can't imagine how something like that is made.  The girls asked a lot of questions about how you weave, but I don't know enough about it to introduce them to it right now.



I found Graysen's grocery list, and Elise and I worked on translating it and finally got them all.  The one above hot dog was a tough one - Gnlu bor - but we finally sounded out granola bar.  And the bottom one I think is gummies.  The amounts are so funny.  She had the list in the store with us and really insisted on 5 peaches and 3 mac and cheese.  We didn't get 19 Popsicles or 19 fruit snacks though.  And those backward left-handed check marks.



The girls were invited to a play date with friends today, and that was a welcome outing.  Harper was in Graysen's class this last school year, and Ellis was in Katherine's, so it was a good sister play time.  I took the time to drive to Target and Michael's in the rain and enjoyed a little time of silence in the car.  It has poured rain all afternoon and evening and forced me to have a nap right after Ryan picked up the kids.

I don't think we have a thing planned for tomorrow, which is a good thing.  We'll head to a park if we seen sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment