Saturday, July 27, 2019

Bears

Just saw a post on the community page about a bear sighting - and a picture.

Image may contain: tree and outdoor

I saw that it was Silent Creek and didn't recognize it as a close-by street.  Then I went back and read it again, and it was Silent Creek Trail, which goes right by the Community Gardens and within a block of Emily and Ryan's house.

That's entirely too close.  I used to walk along the little path that runs alongside the gardens every time I went to their house, but I've gotten a little worried about there being a section with no houses visible.  I think of the times (every time) when Mike and I would walk along there, and he would get that evil grin on his face and start showing me patches of flattened grass and telling me that's where bears had been sleeping.  We also walked a lot on this trail too.  It's beautiful and shady and ferny and perfect for keeping cool on a hot day, but I just don't want to meet a bear.  I've heard if you make noise, they will be scared and go the other way.  If the girls are with me, we're usually making a good bit of noise.  The bears are just hungry and foraging for food - but still.  Just like with a snake, it would be a heart attack that would kill me, not the animal.

I do have to get some bear spray, but it really scares me to think about being that close to one.  I would probably throw the container at him and run.  So scary.

Mike's idea of a funny picture - in 2015 - and guess where?  Silent Creek Trail.

So not funny.





1 comment:

  1. Invest with 400$ and get a returns of 10,000$ within seven business working days.Why wasting your precious time online looking for a loan? When there is an opportunity for you to invest with 400$ and get a returns of 10,000$ within seven business working days. Contact us now for more information if interested on how you can earn big with just little amount. This is all about investing into Crude Oil and Gas Business.

    Email: investmoneyoilgasfast@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete