Saturday, July 6, 2019

More Fourth Fun

Good morning from Layla at 6 a.m.


And at 7:30.  Still watching and waiting.  Letting me know it's STILL raining.  Nice good peaceful rain, perfect for sleeping late.


I've done very little today except take two walks with BJ and Buffy, our neighbors.  We walked up to the library this morning to put a book in the book drop, and then I caught them on their afternoon walk, and we walked a good while.  Buffy has her little routine where she looks for the bunnies in certain places and is so cute.  I'm disappointed I didn't take any pictures, because the flowers were outstanding in the neighborhood yards, more vivid because of the clouds.  Maybe tomorrow.

I just got some extra pictures today from Emily from the evening of the fourth.  Yesterday seemed like it should be the weekend instead of Friday, but we rallied and enjoyed a little scooter riding on the God Bless America basketball court.





They're both very good and very responsible, but I'm always stressed when they're in danger of doing something that makes them bleed! I'm running out of bandaids with pictures they like.  I did let them scoot to the apartment later though, and they did great.  Graysen and I played Old Maid with the Shopkins cards, and Elise did some coloring and art with them.

Here are those last pictures taken at the Kilburn home.  They have a perfect view of the fireworks and a nice alley to play in.




















It's been a nice Saturday of some cleaning, some reading, a few cups of good coffee, and being thankful for my good life.  I'll have the newspaper waiting for me in the morning and another walk in the afternoon.  And whatever else happens to come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment