Monday, August 10, 2020

Nothing But a Cute Kitty Cat

This little guy, Bowie, has worked hard on overcoming his aversion to humans over the past months.  He plays like crazy with his best friend Layla, sits on the balcony watching people and dogs go past, and romps all night, it seems.  He just doesn't see much reason for people to hold him or cuddle him.

But he's gradually gotten calm around us and doesn't run away when we approach.  He'll allow petting while he eats and actively comes and stares at you until you get out the laser mouse for him.

Ryan asked me last month if we wanted our cat tree back - or one similar - since they now have two, and we tried it again.  It sat there empty for a week or so, but this morning, I got to see this comfy scene.



 He did give me the sad look about getting any closer, so I didn't.



It's not the most beautiful corner in the apartment, but it's lovely for the kitties to sit or lie there and see all the action beneath them.


I knew putting the quilts on the floor to measure would be hard to resist, and I was right.  There's something about a quilt and cats....

And that gives me a chance to boast about finally getting the first borders on.  It's always a good feelings when both lengths and both widths come out exactly the same.  I'll be so glad to get them ready for the batting and backing and guess I'll do a simple line quilting on them myself.  And maybe some hand-quilted designs in the big squares.  Since I've already procrastinated a year, another few weeks won't matter.

I can't say what this week will bring.  I play Mah-Jong tomorrow morning and hope to get to the gym to watch the girls at gymnastics Thursday.  The we'll have our usual Friday lunch.  I'd love for it to be a little warmer so I can enjoy sitting on the balcony in the late afternoons.  I guess we aren't having much of a summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment