Thursday, August 6, 2020

Good-for-Nothing Day

I loved it.  I knew it was going to be cold and rainy, so I prepared for it.  Nowhere to go.  Nothing to do.  Good plan because I woke up with a sniffly nose, sore throat, and headache and just feeling blah.  I took my temp, and it was around 97, so I ignored the symptoms and felt better as the day went on.  

I pulled my windows down, turned the heat on in just the bedroom, put on a sweatshirt, and pretty much did nothing all day.  

I listened to the end of the book I'm listening to - The Guest List by Lucy Foley.  It was just fair but good enough to keep me listening to the end.  We can now start picking up our library holds from before the closure but at North Bend instead of Snoqualmie.  I'll miss the library being two blocks away for sure and in the next town.  I feel sure I'll keep on with audio books when they're available.

While I listened, I finished this dish cloth.  Not perfect but who cares?  I'm using that yarn!

I also put on one side of the narrow border on one of the quilts.  One-eighth of the borders done, and it was easy enough.  I just don't have a big table and hate doing it all on the floor.  The measurements were spot on though.  That's just one quilt though.  I have two of them to finish.  


I'm just happy to be making a little progress on it.  I'll do the other side border tomorrow and possibly gets enthused enough to complete all four narrow borders.  Saturday, that is.  Tomorrow is McDonald's day for the girls.  We haven't seen each other all week except for video visits.  

I'm about to fall asleep while I listen to the rain fall.  Elise and I decided we've missed the rain.  It's like an old friend come back to visit.  






No comments:

Post a Comment