Friday, August 28, 2020

Bunny Slippers to Trapping Bunnies

 Yesterday was actually a good day with my just taking the day to talk to friends and reflect and just enjoy the memories.  

Kathy and Alan celebrated their 49th anniversary today in very limited fashion.  Congratulations to them, a long and beautiful marriage.

My visit to the library was good.  I like their system and the library's app.  You make an appointment on the app to pick up any books on hold and either drive or walk to get them.  I walked, and when I left my house, I clicked the "on my way" button.  When I arrived, I clicked "At the library." And my books arrived on the outside table already checked out.



I had asked for two surprise bags for the girls, and they were ready too.

We have a hard time finding books we like in that small library and do a lot of requesting our own, and this wasn't much different.  There may be 3 or 4 that they'll enjoy, but I tried.


I maybe should have specified girls.


It's a nice service though, and I saw Graysen sit down and read one of them today when we first got to our garage playroom.

After playing with the Barbies a little and petting Alfie the little white dog who stopped by for a visit and talking with Edna and Susan, they decided they wanted to walk around and find some friends to play with.  It didn't take long to find Leland and Xander and Cadence running with huge sticks - just because.  They were determined to trap a bunny and were going back home to get a cat carrier to disguise.  So naturally, we got all involved in it.

I love this picture.  Last days of summer.


Picking blackberries to put in the cage to lure the bunny in.




That bunny is nibbling away and not paying them the least bit of attention.


After lunch, I cleaned up the kitchen while Ryan took Graysen back to the orthodontist to get her expander adjusted.  Poor baby couldn't close her mouth all the way.  It didn't hurt.  She just couldn't swallow well.  I think all she had for lunch was a strawberry milkshake and a mango-pineapple smoothie.

I saw these on the counter.  The mystery fruit.  



Emily thought they were a kind of squash and picked them, but Ryan told her he thought they were pumpkins and that they had picked them too early.  We were wanting a delicata this year, but after some research, these seem to be a Sweet Dumpling.

Looks like there won't be a pumpkin this year unless a miracle happens.

As I was putting up the dishes, I realized how nice it is not to have the every-meal demand for a certain color of plate or cup and hurt feelings over not getting your special one.


I miss some baby things, but that's one I don't miss.  That and diapers and week-old lost sippy cups of milk under the bed and throwing food on the floor.

So the conventions are over.  I didn't watch this last one, of course.  I knew how disgusting it would be to hear lie after lie after lie - 21 of them in one hour.  I heard the fact checks this morning for about half of them, and it boggles my mind how this kind of thing is accepted.

There is misinformation spread in both parties.  That's the downside of  politics.  But the sheer volume of these lies is just amazing and the inclusion of ones that have been debunked time and again.  Trump has wrongfully claimed that he passed the Veterans' Choice Law dozens of times, and it's always false.  Always.  Every single time.  Obama passed that and Trump continued it and signed off on it, but so what, if his people believe him, mission accomplished. 

He claims that Biden will take down the border wall.  Totally false.
Democrats want to take away your guns, defund the police, destroy your suburbs, take away your religious freedom, destroy your country.  What a sad, sad man. If people would do some research, they would see that these claims are false or only partially true. The country is close to being destroyed now by his own hands, and he wants to save it.  No words for the anger and hatred he has stirred up between two groups of people who basically want the same thing from a leader - one who will actually do his job and lead our country and not cause embarrassment every single day.

The Chinese are backing Joe Biden.  Why?  Because Trump is "unpredictable." Just what we need in the leader of our country.  Putin is backing Trump.  Why?"  Because they have a puppet in him who does their bidding, even if he breaks away from America's Constitution.  

Trying to get it all out and clear my brain and sleep soundly tonight. I think I'm there!  It's going to be a news-free weekend.

The Binderts go on a little trip Sunday, and then school will start.  The girls found out their teachers.  Kathrine got Ms Boyles, Graysen's lovely kindergarten teacher from two years ago.  Graysen doesn't know her teacher, Ms Hughes, but she has a nice group of kids that she knows in there, not that it will make much difference who is in her virtual class. They're just excited about their little bitty school and the fact that their "teacher" will be bringing her baby to class 3 days a week.   Sure hope they will get back to physical school before too long, but it doesn't look hopeful.  


No comments:

Post a Comment