Monday, December 19, 2022

Well, More Snow

 It would be so nice to have a really pretty snow that lasts a day, or maybe two, and then melts, but we have to have a week at a time of snow, melting, just kidding not melting, ice, slush, cold wind, and finally melting.  And then two days later it starts over. 

I had heard rumors of there being some precipitation during the weekend, but it didn't look like it was happening.  I talked to Noreen around lunch time, and she was keeping a grandson and would walk over after he left.  I decided to take a short nap, and when I did, it had snowed enough to cover the grass and sidewalk.  Noreen's brave and not going to let a little snow stop her, so she got boots and coat and came on over.  We has something hot to drink and caught up pretty much.  We noticed Chris was shoveling the sidewalks on the side and front.  He's a lifesaver and so cheerful about it.  


It's not so pretty, but I do love to see it falling as long as I'm warm inside. 


I copied this picture from the Snoqualmie Ridge Community Facebook page.  People are so good about reporting on the state of the interstate, the parkway, and the side streets.  Lots of people got caught in the worst of it, and there were a good many wrecks and stranded cars, especially on the Parkway.  Lots of folks got caught in Issaquah and farther East and had a hard time getting back home.


I didn't catch the hummingbird eating, but he has been out there constantly, or maybe it's a bunch of them.  I didn't have the feeder up until Friday afternoon when I heard them in the fir trees buzzing around and went and fixed some sugar water.  They were there almost immediately, but then, of course, it froze, and I felt sorry for them.  Every few hours, I would warm some of the sugar water and go around and mix in some of the warmer water.  It seemed to work.  The cats love to sit there and watch them.


It snowed again during the night, but it wasn't as bad as the day before.  It was so quiet all day.  Not many people out walking or playing or driving.  I guess all the energy was used up last week.  

Unfortunately, there are warnings of 2-7 inches tonight and tomorrow.  I'm hoping that's wrong.  I still have to pick up a few things before the weekend.  Looks like 95% chance of 2 inches, 35% for 8 inches and 10% for 12 inches.  I hope my people get home safely.  I'll be fine as long as I don't have to go anywhere.  The gas fireplace heats the place really well, and I have enough food.  

I've gotten a few pictures from Leavenworth yesterday and today.  I didn't realize friends were going along also, so I know they're having a good time.  

On the way.  Snug and warm.













I can identify with the warm robes and the cabin and the tomato soup, but that's about all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment