Thursday, December 8, 2022

Memorials for Griffin and Jack

 

What I thought was going to be a long-drawn-out process of getting gifts for their parents turned out to be the best afternoon ever for the girls.  I mentioned that since they were getting a new puppy and kitten soon, it would maybe help their parents to remember their first pets with an ornament for the tree.

Their eyes lit up, and they jumped all over that idea.  I went to the web site, and we had the best time picking them out.  They love making choices.  Katherine picked out the one for her dad (since Gray already has him something), and Graysen picked out her mom's.  Their mom's hair had to be PERFECT - color, style, length, etc.  There was even a pretty big discussion on the color of shirt.

We laughed so hard over their choices for their dad.  I've always thought of him as having brown hair, certainly not black, but they both insisted he does.  They cracked up over some of the hairstyles for men but eventually settled on medium short, I think.  I asked once more, "Are you sure your dad has black hair?"  She said, "I guess I should know.  I've lived with him for nearly 10 years." 

 Like I haven't known him for over 20 years.

Another was the body type.  They didn't even listen to the men's choices after I read "dad bod."  They thought that was so funny so insisted on that.  

We found a tuxedo cat easily, but it doesn't do Jack justice.  His beautiful face, his hugeness, his confidence.  They loved it though and wanted the angel wings, although I'm not sure I would have chosen those.  

There was also a discussion over Griffin's color.  I knew he was a dark brown and white because I've also known him all his life, but Graysen was insisting that he was black, brown and white until I showed her a picture.  She said, "I guess I was wrong about that.  The youngest who had hardly known him at all agreed with me, probably gaining her knowledge from pictures.

They used the expressions listed but chose different ones for each.  They were SO SO happy with their choices, and I know that's something Emily and Ryan will treasure.





As soon as I get my photos sorted out, I'll post some sweet pictures of them.

I found some pictures and spent the whole morning doing so, so I'm going to post them just as they are, starting with baby cat and dog through at least one child.  They were loved and had a wonderful life.






























No comments:

Post a Comment