Saturday, December 17, 2022

Nutcracker and Basketball

 The two happenings this weekend were going to see the Nutcracker in Seattle Friday night and Graysen's basketball game on Saturday morning.  I didn't even know about that until I got a text saying their team won and Graysen made 3 baskets!


I love to see the girls meet new people that don't always go to their school.  Graysen has become pretty competitive in soccer and in basketball, but it's hard to make the baskets when you're so little.  My impression anyway!  I think she likes playing defense.  She's tougher than she looks.  Katherine has become the runner of the family.  She cannot stand to come in second when they do their fun runs.

It was so cold this week.  SO cold.  I am glad to get it over with, but it's not going to get better for a long time.  Yesterday afternoon after school - early pickup at 1:30 - I could hardly wait to get inside and get warm, but the girls were tossing their coats off before we got inside.  Their friend from upstairs has been out sick all week, but her dad said she could play if they stayed outside in case she was still contagious.  That suited them all fine, and Wes volunteered to keep an eye on them since he was outside with the baby.  They played hard for two hours.  I checked on them every once in a while, and they had taken off their coats.  I'm not sure how they stand it.  I got them ready to be picked up at 3:30 to get dressed for the Nutcracker.  They stayed surprisingly clean to have been playing in the leaves and bushes.  I brushed their hair as best I could, and they were off! 

I have an album that Emily sent me this morning, and it looks like they had a wonderful time.  The two couples with their children made quite a crowd, and the girls were so cute and dressed up.  I'll see if I can get that album on here.  I always forget how.   It takes so long to place the pictures one by one.  

There are some duplicates, but I'm not going to take the time to delete any.  

Here are some of my favorites:












I'm so glad they're getting to go places and do lots of things.  I'm also glad I got to experience the wonder of seeing the Nutcracker at this big theater once and in Bellevue in a smaller production also, because I'm not sure I will make that trip again.  But maybe I will.  Who knows?

I'm perfectly content hearing all about it and seeing the pictures and just remembering how exciting it was.  This was a good Saturday for me too.  I woke up in the middle of the night again but didn't get up and just waited it out and slept again, so I was ready for some housework this morning.  I got the music on and the candles and tree lights going and made the cats scurry to get away from the vacuum cleaner.  Packages arrived several times and got opened and wrapped, and I'm just waiting for a couple more.  

I had a cup of wassail late in the morning and sat down beside a sleeping Bowie.  Usually he will look at me for a second and then jump down, but today he stayed there and purred nicely beside me.  It's taken long enough, but I think he's decided we belong together.


The family leaves for a few days in Leavenworth where they can enjoy that snow and ice to their hearts' content!  I'll just stay here and enjoy my warm house.  It snowed here for about an hour this morning but didn't stick.  I'm praying there won't be any ice and snow before they get home because I have to feed their kitty, and I don't drive on ice!

This is a picture from last year's visit.






No comments:

Post a Comment