Thursday, December 1, 2022

Snow Day 2

 While I'm glad I don't have to go out in the cold, it's so nice to enjoy this beautiful white landscape.  Sitting on my couch, I can look out the big front window across to the park where all the trees are perfectly white.  I don't have all the decorations (like almost none) on the little tree, but I can still enjoy the twinkling reflection in the window.  It's also reflected in Mama's china cabinet across the room, and with the fire, it gives the nicest feeling to the room.  The cats can't stay away from the fireplace, no matter how warm it gets.  They will just keep backing up until they're comfortable.  


I wish I could take some pictures but still no phone.  Maybe tomorrow.  Emily sent me only one:  Graysen sitting on her great-grandmother's chest looking at all the beauty.


I sure wish someone would bring them over, but I guess no one wants to get out, and they're getting to play video games at home. 

I was sorry Emily went to work yesterday and today.  She said the roads were clear, but I still worry.  Elise also has to work.  It may be that none of her clients will come in, but she still has to be prepared in case she's needed.  Someone took this scary picture of I-90 Tuesday night.



I also borrowed someone's photo from FB of the Y, which is one street over from mine.


Sometimes I let myself be a little wistful, but I'm not really sad or lonely by myself.  I am more and more glad of being able to do what I want to with no timetable.  I'd like for Mike to be sharing my space with no timetable either.  I wish we had been able to enjoy retirement a little bit more.  Both of us went to school until we started working.  Mike never got a break, and I only got breaks when I added babies.  There were times through the years when we never had enough time to do anything we wanted to, and I'm taking advantage of it.  If I want to just read blogs or the news or watch videos, I can do so without guilt.  My days of hosting and cooking for holidays is over (I hope), and I don't miss it a bit.  I want to spend as much time with the girls as I can, but I realize now that I need to be a grandmother and not spend all my spare time with them.  They are so precious to me, and the time with them is precious.  I feel lucky that I got to spend all this time up here with them.

I'm taking out the Christmas things piece by piece and deciding what I want to do with them.  Lots of memories of past Christmases, but I'm making them happy memories.  If I can get some wassail made and all my presents bought and wrapped, it will be such a peaceful time, and I can have the girls over a lot.  I can't wait to see them stand side by side in front of the manger arranging and re-arranging the figures and using their imaginations.  

I'm going to get a cup of coffee now and see if I wake up a little.  If not, I'll just lie down and take a nap and watch the big clumps of snow fall from the tree branches. 

1 comment: