Saturday, December 10, 2022

Good-bye, Snow. Hello, Crazy Wind

 It was a nice ending for the week since I was able to walk to school twice without stepping on any icy or snowy places.  Everyone else seems to just tromp right on over the snow, but I have this fear of hitting just the wrong icy patch and heading back to PT for the Christmas season.  I had enough of that two years ago.

I didn't take even one picture yesterday, but I have a few in the phone from the day before.  The girls were so excited to be able to stand and rearrange the manger residents and make up their own little scenarios and get reacquainted with the Christmas treasures from last year.


 They had to shake and ask questions about the few gifts I have wrapped, but they did get their nutcrackers and took them home with them.



We had very little time then, but yesterday was early pickup, and we had 3-1/2 hours.  We got into the hot chocolate and the cranberry cookies I had baked that morning (without nuts, just for them) and sat down to read as much of our last Clementine book as we could.  Graysen likes to sit and read along with me and look at the pictures, but Katherine prefers to be moving things around on tables or poking around just looking!  We didn't even finish the first chapter until Carly from upstairs came knocking on the door to play.  These three girls get along so great.  I think I've mentioned that before.  They're 7, 8, and 9 and are usually on the same page as far as their crazy ideas.  

I finally took my wassail to my room to read since I felt like an intruder there in the midst of their make-believe.  I could still hear them laughing and giggling and sometimes arguing, but they soon sorted things out.  

I'm not sure why they wanted to be outside in that wind waiting for their parents at 5:00, but they did.



The moon was so bright I had to take a picture.



It was nice to have my peaceful Friday night, but I was too sleepy to stay up long.  I woke up a lot during the night hearing the wind howling and shaking the windows.  I know there are some giant trees around these apartments, but I refused to worry about one falling.  Nothing I can do anyway.  It is a sometimes sad, sometimes scary sound, and I'm glad to know it's calmer this morning.  I still see the trees swaying a little, and I know it's cold, but it's much better.

We're having a sleepover tonight!  First one in quite a while.  Emily and Ryan are going out to eat and to some play or show and will be out late, so we'll give them a date night without having to worry about picking up children.  

I'm not sure what we'll do, but I bet Carly will be down to play for a while - maybe even stay the night - but we haven't asked.  We might have pizza and watch a movie and then whatever they want to do.  They have a hard time falling asleep over here, so we'll have to see what to do about that.  

They're going to be making cookies with their mom today and maybe will get in something active this afternoon.  For myself, I might take an afternoon nap to be better prepared.  






No comments:

Post a Comment