Wednesday, December 7, 2022

More of the Same

 I'm still going nowhere and getting a lot of small things done around the house.  Lots of gifts wrapped and plans for a few more things.  Emily has given me the amazing task of finding a gift for the girls to give their parents.  After school, we're going to sift through our ideas and let them decide on something.  I'm introducing a memorial ornament for Griff and Jack before the new fellows take up residence.  They were two unique animals and so loved.  I've never seen a cat that welcomed babies rolling all over him and pulling him around.  Griff spent most of his time staying out of their way and not getting run over with baby cars.   I should have lots of pictures of them, but right now I have no idea where my pictures are on my phone.

Katherine is very serious about her choice, and it has to be really special.  I hope they like that one, but I'll do what I can to get the ones that THEY choose.  Kate whispered to me after school that she saw a really cute pair of Reeboks for her mom.  So cute.  That's the last thing I thought she would choose.  I'm not sure how much money she has in her piggy bank, but I'll try to keep it less expensive than that.  Gray doesn't have any ideas and will be easy to convince of anything.  Their dad is hard, like all men.  They got Griff and Jack as babies - before they had babies - so I know anything related to them would be welcomed.  Just a Christmas ornament that they decorate and put the date on it would be treasured.  With maybe a few jewels added.

Ryan and I miscommunicated about school pickup, and we both showed up to get them.  I was texting like crazy and trying to call, but I couldn't make calls, and Ryan wasn't seeing my texts.  I really wanted to find out about the sidewalks and see if he would bring them over, but as time got close, I had to make a decision to go.  The sidewalk was clear, but when I got to the corner, the snow was piled up to my knees, and I didn't even know where the curb was.  No way was I going to step blindly into stuff and take a chance on falling.  I felt like crying, but that would do no good, but I hated to think of them at the school waiting for me to get there.  I finally went out the garage door and walked up the alley until I reached the street.  The streets are perfectly clear, so I just avoided the sidewalks and kept to the middle of the street.  I met up with one of Emily's friends walking with her little boy and asked her to keep an eye on me, which she was sweet enough to do.  Going back, I just followed Ryan, but it was a little scary still.  People who are used to it and younger people just don't realize how serious one fall could be.  With my bird bones, I would probably break something more than my shoulder this time!


Just looking out the window, I can't see that much of the snow has melted even though it stayed above freezing last night.  I know what to do this time, even if it's not fun, so I'll report back after we get home and have our hot chocolate and wassail. 



 We have lots to do on our unbusy day!  Graysen started basketball on Mondays, but I think ice-skating lessons are over.  We need some time off to just relax and do Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment